Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a brand new 2018 traverse LT in May that came with cloth seats. Bought leather seats and replaced them. They weren’t even in the car for a week so brand new!! Driver/ passenger are heated. Comes with driver/passenger/2 captain seats/and full bench in 3rd row which is broken into 60/40 for fold down. Asking $800 obo.

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do you think they would bolt into the 2017 body style?

I would think they would not be a direct exchange. The 2018 is a whole new vehicle design from the 2017. Floor pans and seat attachment points would surly be different even though the seats would probably physically fit in the other vehicle.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Do you think they would bolt into the 2017 body style?

My guess is that you may be able to bolt them in but that may not be your biggest problem because of the extra cab length necessary for operation of the gen2 seating.

Have to get measurements for front row captains.....narrower width and wider multipocketed door panels and different center console and side clearance for motor controls.....would have to measure to see if compatible with gen 1 console width.

Operation of second row captains travel, folding and space needed for collapse drastically different....gen1seat cushions flip and fold forward and seatbacks collapse flat.....gen2s with greater compartment length operate differently passenger side slides and tilts against 1st row with a child seat still attached and side rear travel and auto tilt headrests on third row access fold differently with extra rearward track travel on the 2nd row passenger side.

Access to third row from drivers side might be difficult and fold down of 2nd row not possible for max loading and storage in shorter gen1.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would not even think about this modification because they are completely different including the bolt in measurements. Also for security reason. The modification will not comply with the security code.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I would not even think about this modification because they are completely different including the bolt in measurements. Also for security reason. The modification will not comply with the security code.
Security code on seats? ? ?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Absolutely. Seats mountings points that have been modified because of alterations are or cannot be code even if the seats are. Check it out if the new seats needs a modification where they are attached to the chassis. In case of an accident a mounting attachement different than the original can put the project in trouble big time.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Absolutely. Seats mountings points that have been modified because of alterations are or cannot be code even if the seats are. Check it out if the new seats needs a modification where they are attached to the chassis. In case of an accident a mounting attachement different than the original can put the project in trouble big time.
You're still losing me on "code."

Many folks here on the forum have swapped out seats. Mounting locations for both styles were built into the floor. They don't make two different floor pans.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Maybe using the code is a bit out of this swapping but according to the beginning of this posted tread it was question that the set of seats were to be installed in a 2017 Traverse coming from a 2018 gen2 model . Certainly a total different chassis than the Lambda chassis and I would doubt that the 2018 seats would fit in the provided holes of the gen 1 floor pan without modifications that could interfere with the security of the occupants in case of a frontal crash. I dont see any problems as long as they are transfered from a gen2 to another gen 2 model.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
OK, I thought he wanted 1st gen for 1st gen once we got further into the thread. Sorry I missed that.

But I still don't understand the meaning of the word "code," or "security code," as you used it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A crazy question about seats in my 2019 3LT leather. I have to move the driver seat back as my left foot hits the foot pad. My question, simply unbolting the seats from the four bolt positions, will that set off any airbags or screw up any sensors, etc. I'm moving the seat back about 2 inches with unistrut using the existing seat bolt holes and simply bolting the seat rail to the unistrut. Thanks for any info.. (this is my first post on the forum.. be gentle) !!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
OK, I thought he wanted 1st gen for 1st gen once we got further into the thread. Sorry I missed that.

But I still don't understand the meaning of the word "code," or "security code," as you used it.

Gen 1 and gen 2 seating sizes (and seat belt attachment/retractors) are physically different dimensions which likely includes different mounting patterns. Any bolt pattern differences can always be redrilled or kludged by the installer at the danger to himself/passengers and future marketablility of then vehcile.

Separate module in the power seats communicates with the ECU and if equipped with 2 memory seating, the button module in the drivers door. Just like the power mirror modules the existence of the seating modules has to be programmed into the ECU. Not likely the base cloth seating will have the motor functions of the leather, i.e. ext retraction, two position memory, all 10 way power functions, remote heated seating, and other DIC settable functions. Of particular concern is airbag programming and functioning which is not interchangeable between gen1 and gen2s, the latter having an additional airbag between the front buckets.

What's the big deal about going cloth to leather anyway???? You don't have to switch seats, just ask the dealer. Most dealers have an arrangement with a local upholstery firm to recover the seating with a much higher grade leather than the OEM crap used by Chevy while maintaining 100% coverage under the factory warranty. I had a new minivan done for under $1000 for all three rows which and it was all real leather skins on all surfaces......not that crapo bonded leather used by automakers (leather dust mixed with a bonding agent, glued on a substrate and painted with a polymer based paint). My old Caddy had real skins.....this stuff they call leather is crap, the vinyl trim on the non seating surfaces (and thrid row) is more durable than this fake leather crap.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You can find also this crap leather on sofa's and recliner chairs. It tells you that the sofa is leather and in small prints you see bonded leather. There are so many sites on the internet that explains what is bonded leather that you want to stay away from this type of fake leather and better buy a good fabric sofa instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a brand new 2018 traverse LT in May that came with cloth seats. Bought leather seats and replaced them. They weren’t even in the car for a week so brand new!! Driver/ passenger are heated. Comes with driver/passenger/2 captain seats/and full bench in 3rd row which is broken into 60/40 for fold down. Asking $800 obo.
Is this still available?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts