Traverse Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the Tekonsha P3 brake controller and the wiring harness specific to my 2017 Traverse. I do have the factory tow package installed. Is it truly as easy to install as Tekonsha says? Literally plug and play? Can’t wait to get it so I can install it. I’ve heard the wire might be difficult to find. Is there a panel I pop off somewhere under the driver’s side dash? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I ordered the Tekonsha P3 brake controller and the wiring harness specific to my 2017 Traverse. I do have the factory tow package installed. Is it truly as easy to install as Tekonsha says? Literally plug and play? Can’t wait to get it so I can install it. I’ve heard the wire might be difficult to find. Is there a panel I pop off somewhere under the driver’s side dash? Thanks!
Yes, plug and play. The connector is taped up near the emergency brake pedal. Here's a pic of the one on my 2011; don't have a pic of the 2017.

1st pic - taped up; 2nd pic - cut free; 3rd pic - P3 connector plugged in

You can see the emergency brake cable connected to the pedal at the far left side of the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just connected to the blunt cut wires in my 2018. The Red wire was hot, but only when the ignition was ON. I have an issue with which fuse is connected to the Red wire. Looking at the engine compartment fuse panel, F22 is labeled "Electronic Brake Control Module". It's 30 amps, which is what I expected. However, when I remove the F22 fuse, there is still power to the Red wire. Any idea which fuse is the correct one?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Just connected to the blunt cut wires in my 2018. The Red wire was hot, but only when the ignition was ON. I have an issue with which fuse is connected to the Red wire. Looking at the engine compartment fuse panel, F22 is labeled "Electronic Brake Control Module". It's 30 amps, which is what I expected. However, when I remove the F22 fuse, there is still power to the Red wire. Any idea which fuse is the correct one?
I don't know if the 2nd gen is similar to the 1st gen, but I've attached marked up schematics of the 1st gen. See page 4 for the brake controller. I think you want the fuse labelled "TRLR PWR." Electronic Brake Control is probably for the car, not the trailer.

I also attached a "simplified" version that another forum member made from my markup.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts