Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Does anyone know how the bowtie emblem is attached to the rear lift gate? Is it with 3m Tape, or does it pop into place with some kind of pin? My hope is 3m tape so I can just heat it and remove with dental floss.

I am going to make the gold part black, it wont match exactly but it will be better than gold. I have two options; I found the part on gmpartsdirect.com for $22. I can sand it down and paint it black, or I can buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Traverse-Black-Bowtie-Emblem-Rear_W0QQitemZ320477274997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9def2375 but $100 for an emblem is a bit much.

I know they make vinyl overlays, however you can still see a small outer ring of gold which I dont want.

Obviously going to change the front emblem as well.

As always... thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to put this out there. I bought and attempted to put on chrome overlays for the front and rear bowties from reflectiveconcepts.com. for ym wifes red Traverse.
Good: They sent 2 (red flag)!
Bad: Quality of product was candy machine like. It was simply a sticker, no a auto quality decal. i attempted several time but it qould not line up as the sticker was not cut properly. Also, when I recieved them in the mail, they had scratches on them.

I've put overlays (quality one's) on my Trailblazer SS so I do know how to do this properly and know what to expect. I wish someone made liquidome or acrylic decals for it as the gold has to go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I personally don't mind the gold bowtie but a friend has a black granite Traverse and he found some tape that looked like carbon fiber. Trimmed it and it looked pretty good. He also didn't like the big gold emblem.

Ron
"Baldie88"

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yep, I did the same thing with mine. They are in one of the previous topics here. I found a vinyl that closely matched the Red Jewell paint color.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update on vinyl wrapped bowties...

All is well and they even withstood the car wash. Got my wrap at Pep Boys :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts