Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My wife's truck is a 2012 LTZ and she called me last night saying her headlights wont turn on. None of the bulbs were out prior which leads me to think its a fuse or relay issue. This morning i replaced the lo beam relay (4 prong) but the one given to me by local Part Source is a 5 prong but it fits because the location did have a location for the 5 prong to fit. That didnt help. I replaced the 10 and 15 amp fuses for both headlights but that did help either.

Is it really possible that both headlight bulbs could go bad overnight at the same time?

Other than the bulbs what else could the issue here?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is it possible for both lights to go at the same time? Not likely, but possible. It happened to me. My wife came home, said both lights didn't work.

No way it could be both bulbs burning out (I am so smart). So of course I checked that last - wasted a couple hours of my time because I didn't check the easiest thing first.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Is it possible for both lights to go at the same time? Not likely, but possible. It happened to me. My wife came home, said both lights didn't work.

No way it could be both bulbs burning out (I am so smart). So of course I checked that last - wasted a couple hours of my time because I didn't check the easiest thing first.

Deja Vu! Happened to me once working on my son's Breeze. Dual filament hi-lo bulbs worked on high beam so the last thing to assume is that both bulbs failed at the same time. Fuses, swapped relays, etc and an hour later gave up and tried the bulbs which had their low filaments burned out. Evidently the car hit a pothole and the shock blew out the low filaments that were hot at the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any other ideas? MY 09' Traverse recently did the same thing......low beams don't work, hi beams work and the parking/running lights work. I checked the bulbs and they are not burned out. Could something else be wrong with the bulbs? The fuses are good, I changed the HID/Low beam relay and still doesn't work. The knob inside the car to turn lights on works, I can leave on auto, turn off...etc. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
how did you verify the low beam bulbs are good?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.