Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to tell me the size of the Bose subwoofer in the front center console?

Also I saw a pic somewhere and it has a red and green wire going into the harness clip, which is +, which is - ?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the GM Traverse service manual...
Speaker - Subwoofer (UQA or UQS) Location In the passenger compartment, below the center of the instrument panel
A 1 L-GN/BK 1794 Subwoofer Speaker Output (-)
B 1 D-BU/WH 346 Subwoofer Speaker Output (+)

The size of the sub is not mentioned though I saw somewhere else that it was a 6.5 inch. I cannot confirm this though.

Use "As Is".

Hope t helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rburks I appreciate the help. Someone on Ebay is currently selling the center bose sub for $28.xx plus shipping, not a bad deal. I did a best offer and got it for $25.00 plus $14.00 shipping, I think on gmpartsdirect.com this is a $190.xx part plus their exagerated service and shipping fees, no idea what it is from the dealer.

After adding speakers to the third row, I can still use a bit more bass up front. I'm gonna pickup a small 2 channel amp and a 3.5" 2 way speaker to make this a 10 speaker smorgasbord Traverse LS sound system.

Bigblue is going to be adding an amp with autosense turn on through the speaker level inputs, the amp I'm looking at uses the remote wire setup. Obviously with the BCM and R.A.P. finding an accessory wire is impossbile, but if I use the internal spare fuse or RDO fuse (with an add a fuse) will the amp's powering act like the factory head unit? If it is possible will this kill the battery in a couple of days?

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets say I did littlebad, and none of those amps have autosense turn on through the speaker level inputs and I had to find an accessory wire, would using an add a fuse to the internal fuse panel, either on the spare or rdo fuse have those amps power up and down exactly like the factory radio, without killing the battery?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts