Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an amplifier in their Traverse??? Not sure how much these Bose speakers can handle, but I recall someone saying before that you can crank this thing right up and still talk to the person beside you....very true....you would have thought they would have put a kick-*ss stereo in this thing with those speakers.....

Medman

·
Registered
91 Posts
Medman....

My LTZ is plenty loud...I made that comment on the LS version. I see no need for an amp on the Bose. I jam that thing daily....I just wish that Sat Radio had better quality.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stumpk said:
Medman....

My LTZ is plenty loud...I made that comment on the LS version. I see no need for an amp on the Bose. I jam that thing daily....I just wish that Sat Radio had better quality.
I have the 2LT model....I think it could be a lot louder....no...I'm not deaf...lmao

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does your 2LT have bose speakers?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Standard for the 2LT.....when you say standard w/o that in there it sounds like your saying for all levels. I cant believe that the headunit is that much diff from 2LT to LTZ.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bose as a company focuses on sound quality over sound quantity. I've found that in every Bose items I've owned. The Traverse is no exception. The quality is very good, but the volume levels are not quite up to the same level and what GM uses for their Delco based units. My wife's HHR has Pioneer speakers, and it is amazingly loud compared to the Traverse.

If you want more, I'd suggest a full re-fit of the speakers along with a good amp. Pairing the right speakers with your amp makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, with the CD playing, it isn't too bad...I guess when my XM runs out in 2 years, I can make myself go deaf with the CD since I rarely listen to the radio....nothing but junk on the air waves nowadays....

Medman :banghead:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes I meant standard on 2LT and higher. The Head units are not the same because LTZ comes with NAV standard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts