Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I look at my Traverse from the back I can't help thinking something is missing. The liftgate is expansive and the tail lights seem too small leaving a vast area of boring sheet metal. Has anyone thought of anything to dress up this wasteland a bit? I was thinking of adding a horizontal racing strip across the back end but I'm not sure. :-\

·
Registered
551 Posts
I agree. However, for me at least, it has really grown on me. Personally i think having the dual exhaust helps a ton, but I actually love the way the Traverse looks from all sides.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dual exhaust would definitely be an image enhancer but alas mine is an LT. No dual exhaust. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poor photoshopped rendition of liftgate stripe:

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm not sure where the discontent over the liftgate design comes from. There's a lot more going on there than on the back end of a Tahoo, for example, or in most pickup trucks. Face it, anyway, most of us bought Traverses for the huge functionality more than the style. At least I did.
:thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree. But I think the thing is that the license plate is on the bumper. On the other Lambda's, its on the hatch. It looks cleaner on the hatch IMO. But the empty area does mean easier to clean ;D

·
Registered
994 Posts
marjamr said:
Every time I look at my Traverse from the back I can't help thinking something is missing. The liftgate is expansive and the tail lights seem too small leaving a vast area of boring sheet metal.
I agree completely. The front end looks just fine but the oversized hiked up rear end :-[ isnt nearly as aesthetically pleasing. I know it is a matter of preference but of all the Lambdas I like the exterior of the Outlook the best.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Perhaps there could be chrome trim added, around the tail lights, then follow a line to the bowtie, on top and bottom of the tail lights and bowtie, that might look good, but not sure....would not be a straight line.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
09Enclave said:
Perhaps there could be chrome trim added, around the tail lights, then follow a line to the bowtie, on top and bottom of the tail lights and bowtie, that might look good, but not sure....would not be a straight line.
That sounds good but it's beyond my photoshop skills. Maybe some "artist" out there could mock one up. :thumb:

·
Registered
860 Posts
How about a two-tone paint scheme that makes the lift-gate appear to tie more to the bumper?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The more I look at pictures on the web, the more I think the Traverse in a darker color looks better from behind than the lighter ones. Mine is Gold Mist which makes it a lighter one. :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I installed a chrome talgate cover and is dresses it up a little, also thinking of installing pin stripping something small I still want the classy look it has over all.

8) Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts