Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2010 Traverse LT1 w/ bluetooth. Love the car, and the bluetooth, except for the problem of the person on the other end not being able to hear me very well sometimes. My cell phone is a Blackberry Curve 8330, if that matters. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) My wife uses it all the time and I never have that problem she works out by Naval Air base and I can here the plains flying by. I wish she could tune that out when one of the F18’s fly by. Have you use any other type of blue tooth it may be you phone this works great with both on my phones one is LG dare and the other Motorola razor.

8) Steve

·
Registered
551 Posts
I wouldnt say it is hard to hear my wife when she calls via bluetooth, but I can tell she is on bluetooth as the quality is not as good. The bluetooth in my Jeep works much better, not sure if it is where GM placed the mic or what?

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
no problem here in my 2010 traverse.
Have you tried another phone to see if the problem is with your phone- and not the Bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried my phone on it too and I have the same problem of people not hearing me well. But we both have Blackberry Curves, and from the comments here it sounds like it might be our phones.

I first thought about whether or not GM has the mic in a weird spot, b/c it looks like it is to the right of the steering wheel column behind a small vent in the dash. That's a funny spot, b/c the sound could be blocked from the steering wheel, plus it's a good distance from your head while driving. However, when setting up the bluetooth, it gives you an option to record the name of the phone. Upon playback of this recorded name, it comes through very loud and clear -- so no problem with mic placement.

Now I wonder if my Blackberry's background noise cancellation feature is interfering with the bluetooth system. Has anyone experienced this? I'll try to shut off that feature after the wife gets back with the Traverse. Thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
I have not looked for the mic on the traverse...
But on out impala- its under the rear view mirror.
I can cup my hand to the mirror(like when you cup your hand to ear) and the person on the other line states my voice gets louder

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think the small vent on the dash to the right of the steering column is where the inside air temp sensor would be for the auto hvac equipped Travs. I would think the Mic would be in the overhead consol or as stated earlier, the mirror.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) It seems like most people having problems with there cell phone have either an I phone or Blackberry clave. I have a friend that has a Blackberry clave and have had problems hearing him with out Bluetooth I think some times he just gets poor reception.

8) Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our Blackberry Curves provides excellent regular call quality, just not while on bluetooth in the traverse. While on bluetooth, there seems to be a noise cancellation that affects short sayings like "hello", etc. Because, if you talk longer the person can hear (still not very loud) the rest of the sentence. I don't think I can turn the noise cancellation off...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't seem to have that problem in my Traverse, but in my wife's new Equinox she was very quiet when I would talk to her while she used the Bluetooth setup there with her iPhone. Here's what I figured out. Do you sit very upright? Is your seat close to the dash? My wife drives like that, and I found that the mic is above her and her voice was being directed away from the mic with the way she sat. I asked her to move back a tad, or to speak to the head liner (keeping her eyes on the road of course). It did make a difference. She became much louder after redirecting her voice more toward the mic's area. It also helped her with making the hands free radio and NAV commands work better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts