Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 Traverse. When making the deal the salesmen thought the car had the bluetooth package option PDD. After agreeing to the deal and signing all the paperwork, they found out it didn't have bluetooth connectivity. They said this option could not be added and could only be installed during manufacturing. Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I thought BT was only an option on the LT2 and standard on the LTZ models. Just checked chevrolet.com and it claims BT is "available" on all models and standard on LTZ. I am not sure if it can be added and I am sure it would be expensive as an add on. Maybe someone here has checked into it in more detail and can comment.

Just another example of a "salesmen" not knowing his car and telling the consumer what they want to here in order to make a deal.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
for 2010-
Bluetooth- is available on the LT's ONLY with the connectivity package....
meaning youd get Bluetooth- remote start- and garage door opener-

It is available as an option on the LS...

ill double check...

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
man- I just reread your post---the salesman 'THOUGHT' it had PDD? (the connectivity package)
Several things jump out at me.....
Its not too hard to go look at the big sticker on the window- it would show the PDD package-
heck- pop the glovebox and look for PDD- on all the codes......
and last....... if it comes with the PDD package--- IT HAS remote start--- meaning- your remote would have the extra button for remote start.

I think he was more interested in making a sale.....

I believe they are correct- it cannot be added after.
Thought you may be able to force them to buy you one of those Parrot Bluetooth units for making a big goofup.
By the way- tell us about the Traverse you got--- 2010-- what trim and other options did you get?
Did he happen to tell you that you can add a hitch "AFTER" and still tow the extra capacity? (which is untrue)

as you can see below....
Bluetooth is available on the LS---but has requirements.
Available on the LT1 with the PDD package-- AND ONSTAR.
Avaialble on the LT2 with the PDD package.
Available on the LTZ- as standard equipment (the black square).

click on image and or image filename to enlarge....

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it is an option but wondered if it could be added after leaving the manufacturer. It is kinda of a screwy deal; the Ford owner in our local town also bought the local Chevy place. He is using mostly the Ford salesmen who don't know squat about the Chevrolets/GMCs. It is my fact; I should have been smarter. I got a 2010 2LT, summit white with Lt Grey leather seats. Leather, heated and pwr adjust; dual headrest dv play, and dual skyscape sunroof.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:( No it can not it has to do with the head unit installed you would have to change the Entire head unit this would not be cheap.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Im surprissed a nicely equipped 2LT like yours- with leather and skyscape etc-- would not be ordered with remote start (and thus the PDD package).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea I am in the same boat. No PDD and am very upset that it cannot be added. that sucks. but looking at the 09 traverse flyer the 2LT had remote start standard. My how things change for the worse. Is there a time to trade things back in to get another?

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Does GM still have the 60 day offer?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would give the salesman a peace of my mine he must have been new or not very good at his job. My salesman made a special point of letting me know all the options and packages that is why I went for the LTZ after knowing I wanted the programmable 1 & 2 seat option, USB & remote start. We looked at a LT2 with all the potions we wanted but the 1 & 2 programmable seats are only available on the LTZ. My wife had this on here Z71 Silverado and I didn’t on my Z66 Avalanche and that was just one thing I was not going to do without. I hate fiddling with the seats & mirrors trying to get it back to were I had it before she drive it. Of coarse I am spoiled by the heated seats with leather it’s a must for me.

8) Steve

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
GM messed up on this one. In Canada BT is standard on all trim levels except LS. It is not packaged with any other option, its just a stand-alone standard feature. That makes sense!!

Maybe 2011 GM will smarten up with the USA models.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I agree you would think by not they would offer Blue Tooth on all models. I think they are trying to force people to go with On Star and for a phone that is simply not going to work now days almost every one has a cell phone and why would you pay for another if you already have one you’re just looking for hands free. With some on the people on the road trying to drive and use a cell phone I wish they would make it mandatory on all vehicles.

8) Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since they have to pay for the technology, they are going to pass it on. Some may not want it, my wife could care less, she doesn't use her phone in the car, so why pay for it. I do agree that it should be a stand alone option on all though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) There is always a way to install new technology in to a vehicle did you read the post by BigBlueTraverse he installed MKI Parrot Bluetooth Kit and not only got Bluetooth capability can play his IPOD throw his stick radio. That may be an option to look in to if you didn’t get it factory installed.

8) Steve

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
VB - LTZ said:
:) I agree you would think by not they would offer Blue Tooth on all models. I think they are trying to force people to go with On Star and for a phone that is simply not going to work now days almost every one has a cell phone and why would you pay for another if you already have one you’re just looking for hands free. With some on the people on the road trying to drive and use a cell phone I wish they would make it mandatory on all vehicles.

8) Steve
Handsfree driving law just came into effect in Ontario this month. That maybe why GM went with the BT on the Canadian models, knowing that some of the provinces would be going handsfree.

·
Registered
66 Posts
woodywood25 said:
Has anyone taken a look at this onstar to bluetooth conversion kit? I will be very interested in trying it once my free year is up. I just need to figure out how to install it....

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/products.html
:thumb: That looks perfect! My free year isn't up for a few months now - I'd really be interested to know if this works like it says. Kind of surprised no one else has made anything like this - I would expect a lot of people aren't interested in OnStar after the free year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same thing happened to me, buying my 2009. The idiots were so incompetent, in thinking that my 1LT had it that the financial person even had me sign a form acknowledging that i was getting bluetooth.

I told them it didn't have it like 10 times, and they kept insisting it did. They get confused by the little icon on the button on the steering wheel that looks like the person talking on the phone, and think it has the bluetooth option. 2 different dealers said the exact same thing to me.

There was a big discussion on this in the general forum. Someone at one point posted the specific part numbers a dealer could order to install it at the dealership, but the dealer would have to get over some hurdles to get GM to send them the parts.

- Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts