Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , Does the stock radio perform a bluetooth address book download when paired?

Can I say call " Joe XXX" mobile? or do I have to voice name tag and enter phonenumbers??

i have an iPhone 4 and it did this on my last minivan I owned...

·
Registered
202 Posts
No. You can easily store up to 30 names/numbers in the car's addressbook (which apples weather using the onstar phone or the bluetooth paired with your phone).

hit the steering wheel button and say "store", and follow the prompts. I found that it was very easy to store 10-15 of my most frequently called people, in about 5 minutes total.

Thus, when you want to call someone stored in the car's addressbook, simply say "call Jane".

You can also say "voice" and then it patches through to the voice commands on your phone (if your phone supports "call jimmy" then that would pull from your phone's address book).

Alternatively, if you also know the phone number itself you're trying to call... you can say "dial 555-1212" and it will intrepret the numbers directly. The key here is to say all the numbers all at once with no pauses.

Hope this helps, just a one-time thing. It's really easy once you get the first 1 or 2 done, and you can roll right through them.

--zepcom

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I also found setting up the Traverse's Bluetooth to be quite simple. I was really impressed with the voice recognition software that is on the vehicle. I remember about 3 cell phones ago, that my cell had voice recognition, and it was terrible. Since then, I haven't even tried to set up voice recognition on any cell phone since. Maybe I should give my Droid a chance, because if it performs as well as the Traverse, there sould be no headaches involved.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a reminder, when speak the number for storing, do not miss the first number 1, otherwise, it won't recognize the incoming call's name because the incoming call always has a format: 1 xxx-xxx-xxxx.

·
Registered
193 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
Maybe I should give my Droid a chance, because if it performs as well as the Traverse, there sould be no headaches involved.
The Droid doesn't have to be set up. It's [Google] voice recognition works very well as is. I have an aftermarket Sony Bluetooth radio in my commuter car, and it works perfectly with my Droid for voice dialing contacts in my list directly from the phone. Virtually never gets it wrong, and I have a LOT of contacts in my phone. Didn't have to download anything to the car. However, it struggles to recognize numbers if I say the actual number. Not sure why. It also works very well if I say something like: "navigate to a movie theater near me". Amazingly accurate.

Give it a whirl.

Now, if only the Traverse would allow me to stream Bluetooth audio like my Sony does. It's very nice to be able to listen to mp3s or Pandora internet radio without hooking anything up. I just hit play on the radio, and it automatically connects to my Droid. I'm sure there's a way to make the Traverse do this, but it's going to be a while before I get around to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts