Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2012 Traverse LS and the front blower motor has gone out. When we turn the AC knobs on, nothing happens. No noises, no air flow. The rear works perfectly fine. We only have one problem, she has lost her manual and can't locate where the blower is. I've looked online but can only find videos on GMC and other Chevy models. Anyone know where this is located? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
VERY easy to replace.

under the glovebox.
remove cover. Dont be surprissed if you find water in the tray.
remove plug. remove 1 screw. lift tab. about 1/4 turn and it drops down.
I removed mine for the fun of it while doing one of my actuators.

The motors are about $40-80 on ebay/amazon.

there are video online. search for traverse/acadia/enclave

·
Registered
2 Posts
VERY easy to replace.

under the glovebox.
remove cover. Dont be surprissed if you find water in the tray.
remove plug. remove 1 screw. lift tab. about 1/4 turn and it drops down.
I removed mine for the fun of it while doing one of my actuators.

The motors are about $40-80 on ebay/amazon.

there are video online. search for traverse/acadia/enclave
Is there a way to test the blower motor? How do I know if its bad, or if the climate control unit is bad? Yes, I checked the fuse under the hood first, and that was good.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
Is there a way to test the blower motor? How do I know if its bad, or if the climate control unit is bad? Yes, I checked the fuse under the hood first, and that was good.

Thanks.
Check for 12v at blower motor connector. Give the blower motor itself a smack or two before breaking out the meter. If it starts with a smack the brushes in it are worn out.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
you can also apply 12 v from a car battery.
Ive seen posts of water accumulating in the tray below the motor. Rust buildup. Stops spinning. But a few smacks and or a little manual help got the fan spinning.
But in this case- I would replace and fix the condition that caused the tray to end up with water

1 - 7 of 7 Posts