Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I leave the rear hatch open overnight, and expect the battery saver cutoff to work, ensuring I can start the vehicle in the morning? (assuming I don't open other doors and relight the interior, cancelling the saver feature)

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Agreed with superdave

·
Registered
3 Posts
I leave the hatch open on my 2012 Travesty overnight and sometimes for days when camping and don't have any troubles with the battery dying. ( Except the normal every day battery dying after 10-15 minutes with key in accessory position... It happens so often I now carry my 25 ft 1 Guage Super Start a Battleship Jumper Cables and a second battery )

·
Registered
974 Posts
I usually turn off the dome lights if I am going to leave doors open. Then again my Battery Low message, start engine comes on if I have the radio on for 20 minutes. I believe the message comes on way too soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have left my open many times when camping. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I usually turn off the dome lights if I am going to leave doors open. Then again my Battery Low message, start engine comes on if I have the radio on for 20 minutes. I believe the message comes on way too soon.
I think the difference with the radio is that the car will turn off the radio by itself after 10 min IF the ignition switch is OFF. But if you've got the ignition switch in "auxiliary" the radio will stay on forever, hence it gives you the Battery Low, Start Engine warning after 20 min or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts