Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if this feature is a standard in the Traverse if you don't have navigation. Can you get the backup cam. I think having the view in the rearview mirros is pretty cool. (Click this image to enlarge...)

·
Registered
12 Posts
In one of the vids, the GM rep who drove the Traverse out, said that if you didn't want the Nav system, you could still get the camera in the rearview mirror by it's self. That's a very nice option to have. :banana:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I doubt it's standard, but like drakutis said, it allows you to get the backup cam option without having to get the nav as well, like you have to in 2008 lambdas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is exactly what I needed on my Acadia. :banghead: Didn't really want to spring for Nav as it wouldn't be heavily used and my wife likes the 6-disc CD changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A backup cam or even sensors would have been really great in the Equinox. I kind of backed into a parked Neon one day, never saw it. I loved driving my dad's Titan, it had sensors(kind of spoiled me, lol). I am so looking forward to have some kind of reverse help when we get the the Traverse(no more backing over Neons lol). :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
08BlueLTZNox said:
A backup cam or even sensors would have been really great in the Equinox. I kind of backed into a parked Neon one day, never saw it. I loved driving my dad's Titan, it had sensors(kind of spoiled me, lol). I am so looking forward to have some kind of reverse help when we get the the Traverse(no more backing over Neons lol). :thumb:
You "kind of" backed into it? Is that anything like being kind of pregnant? :poke:

I actually ended up adding the factory navigation and a backup camera to my Acadia because I had buyer's remorse about the rear visibility. I think the camera without nav option is going to be a great thing for the 2009 Lambdas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an lt1 with back up camera ,together with the blind spot mirrors it is nice but just too much to look at but still nice.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
In the ones I test drove with the rear-view mirror camera, I could tell it would take some getting use to, because there is no real sense of depth.
I loved the sensor lights/warning tone, though.
But I still wish the Trav had been designed so you could actually see out of the rear window when backing up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My understanding is that the rearview camera display in the mirror is standard in LT2 and up (if you don't have nav package-because it shows up there instead). I have one, I've been driving for almost 30 years without one, so I have to intentionally make myself look at it. It is pretty cool though. It catches your eye more at night tho, because it lights up your mirror, it doesn't catch my attention as much during the day.

You have to remember to clean it off occasionally. I drove it one day on snowy/salty roads and it became pretty much unusable-covered in grime.

I am still working on getting my depth perception wrapped around it, and what distances really are. Kinda like the "objects are closer than they appear" message in outside mirrors.

The Traverse is kinda blind to the backside, so it may prevent me from running over my kid's friend's bike in the driveway sometime. I am also interested in using it when I start hooking up my jetski later this spring, see what it does for ease of trailer hookup.

All in all, nice feature.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Herdcyclone said:
The Traverse is kinda blind to the backside, so it may prevent me from running over my kid's friend's bike in the driveway sometime. I am also interested in using it when I start hooking up my jetski later this spring, see what it does for ease of trailer hookup.
Over the weekend my husband hooked up my jetski so he could move it to mow the grass. I have the camera and he said it was alot easier to line up the Traverse to the trailer. I used to have a Nissan Frontier and he would have to let the tailgate down to see the trailer. The camera has diffently proven to be useful just in time for the jetski season.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Isn't the rear radar beep thing standard in all LT's? I've found using the beep is more easier than staring at a fish eye camera. I just wish it beeped on the 2nd of the three indicators. It only seems to beep on 1 and 3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have the backup cam in our rearview mirror. I wish that there was a way to turn it on while not in reverse, as there are some times I'd like to see how close someone is, etc...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
"Back up sensors are stadard on all. Well atleast it was in 09"

No, not standard on all '09's.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
kawazar said:
I don't think it was standard on the LS in 09.
correct, it wasn't.

·
Registered
112 Posts
y84media said:
We have the backup cam in our rearview mirror. I wish that there was a way to turn it on while not in reverse, as there are some times I'd like to see how close someone is, etc...
Have you tried looking at one of the three mirrors? That might work!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts