Traverse Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
They finally fixed mine and the issue was a camera module and the front camera. When it would work the front facing camera never did work. Not sure if water was getting into camera through the grille and shorting module.
We bought our 2020 premier on the first of the year. Been having the issue on and off for the entire time of ownership. Very intermittent for us so hasn’t been worth taking to the dealership just for them to say, “looks fine to me!” But after seeing this forum with others having the same issue I might decide to take it in. Maybe they will issue some sort of fix for it. Hopefully because my wife really loves her Traverse. Located in California.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
6 Posts
They finally fixed mine and the issue was a camera module and the front camera. When it would work the front facing camera never did work. Not sure if water was getting into camera through the grille and shorting module.
Any details or part number on that camera module so I can reference it with our dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased a 2020 Traverse and after 3 weeks the back up. Camera went black with a triangle symbol. Took it in for service and now 3 weeks after service it is happening again. 3500 miles on it and now in for second time. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Yes this is happening to my 2020 Chevy Traverse with 1000 miles. Now at 2500 miles same thing. I keep doing the factory reset it works for then back to the malfunction. The Chevy dealer told me that they’ve never seen that problem before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We purchased a 2020 Traverse and after 3 weeks the back up. Camera went black with a triangle symbol. Took it in for service and now 3 weeks after service it is happening again. 3500 miles on it and now in for second time. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
YES, bought A new 2020 Traverse Premier in March 2020. The very next day the backup camera went black like you explained but also has a pink screen that comes up. Has been to dealership where purchased 6 times and last time it was there. They kept it 9 days and went to pick it up and the backup camera came on. Stopped at store maybe 3 min later and put in R and black screen again. The techs tore my new traverse apart and didn’t put it back together right and scratched 2 large scratches in paint on back lift gate. Grease all over the interior, panels they took apart arent put back in correctly.,such a night mare to spend that kind of money on a new 2020 Chevy Traverse Premier loaded and have this kind of problems with it bc the tech doesn’t know what hes doing evidently . The wiring is messed up and things go haywire on the radio backup mirrors don’t go down some times and then they don’t come up other times. They totally acted like my new traverse was a junker while they worked on it evidently the last 9 days it was in shop and treated it like crap. It has scratches all over the interior also. I could go on and on but, I’m not. It gets lots worse. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The less you visit the dealers the better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased ours about 2 weeks ago and having the same problem. Any update if your camera is working now?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
6 Posts
We just purchased ours about 2 weeks ago and having the same problem. Any update if your camera is working now?
No one has posted an actual solution or TSB. I was on the phone with GM for 3 hrs, got bounced around 4 different depth,Our dealership won't look at it until it fails there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts