Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse, which we purchased with a rear back-up camera that was installed as a dealer upgrade (they gave us the original On-Star mirror). About 5 years ago, the camera started acting up, so I replaced it myself (it was a pretty easy to change out as I was only replacing the camera itself). It worked great until about a month ago when it just stopped displaying anything. When in reverse the LCD display in the mirror does not come on at all. It was an inexpensive camera, so I ordered a new one. Still not getting anything on the display.

I checked the fuses and checked the wiring and could not find any issues. The back-up lights come on and when you put it in reverse, the light on the mirror starts blinking a slow blink. Thinking that the issue might be with the mirror, I looked and found a used replacement (same model mirror) on ebay (which seller claimed to have been tested and working) and getting the same thing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,967 Posts
Youve done what i would have done. What about checking the wires between the tailgate and body...
Inside that rubber sleeve. Maybe a broken wire?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
Scan of the U and B codes can help. It did in my '11 Tahoe to track down a bad rear camera that salt creeped into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts