Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As noted on www.chevrolet.com,

• Rearview Camera system located in the navigation radio screen standard on the LTZ and available in 1LT and 2LT
  • Rearview Camera system located in the rearview mirror standard in the 2LT and available in 1LT
This means, on lower models, you will have the option to purchase the rearview camera without having to buy to top of the line model with the Navigation option. A great new feature break-out, IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone officially say where the backup camera is located on the traverse. There is a fair amount of discussion in the acadiaforum.
I think it is in the photo here at the handle for opening of the back hatch. Others say it is in the spoiler near the brake light?

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's going to take someone at the auto show to inspect it closely before we know for sure. Anyone in the Chicago area that plans on attending?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Judging from the angle of the picture in the mirror (1st post), it would seem to indicate that the camera is in the spoiler next to the high mount stop light. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
xseler said:
Judging from the angle of the picture in the mirror (1st post), it would seem to indicate that the camera is in the spoiler next to the high mount stop light. Just my opinion.
really, looks like you can see the bumper in the bottom of the photo, I was think the opposite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
admin said:
I think it's going to take someone at the auto show to inspect it closely before we know for sure. Anyone in the Chicago area that plans on attending?

I was at the show last night. The traverse is up on revolving display w/a model talking about it. U can not get closer than 10 ft. The model said there were only 3 in existance right now. One might be at another show. We had here ask if we could get closer or sit in it, and of course the answer was no.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bonk1313 said:
really, looks like you can see the bumper in the bottom of the photo, I was think the opposite.
My surmise would be that the camera is in the handle with a parallax compensated lens to look down and out. That's why the bumper shows. The opening in the spoiler next to the high brake light is washer for the rear window. At least that is the way the Enclave has the washer nozzle. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts