Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is no switch to turn it off unfortunately. I have a 2wd because believe it or not it doesn't snow that much in Seattle.

That being said I have noticed my gas mileage is on par with what other AWD guys are getting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the traction control button took it out but I read my book and it said to keep it in unless your stuck. I wonder what in disingages when you take it out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
whoadogwhoa said:
I thought the traction control button took it out but I read my book and it said to keep it in unless your stuck. I wonder what in disingages when you take it out.
Traction control tries to keep your wheels from spinning during jack-rabbit starts or in wet or loose-gravel type situations. Turning it off basically allows your wheels to spin, regardless of traction.
If you're stuck, you should turn it off before you try to rock your vehicle out.
Also, when you want to act like a teenager and burn rubber just for the **** of it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't get that part....why would you turn off something that stops your wheels from spinning if say you are stuck in snow???.....hopefully that will never happen anyway...that is why I bought the AWD.....and the Traverse in the first place, considering I had a Cavalier prior to this...

Medman :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts