Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there drove in snow with their Traverse with AWD ? My last car was a Trailblazer with FWD and I was just wondering how they would compare. Jerry

·
Registered
201 Posts
Spins out on ice like any vehicle, my wife found out that ice is the evil equalizer after two weeks. They drive great in the snow with either front or all wheel drive even the deep stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again Dan I live out in the country and the roads can be pretty bad. Never knew much about AWD and how it handle the snow
Jerry

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have an AWD LTZ and of my last 3 vehicles ( 06 subaru forester XT, 01 F150 Supercrew 4x4, 04 F150 Supercab 4x4 ) the traverse by far feels the most surefooted in the snow. that said no vehicle is a substitute for defensive driving. 4 wheel go does not = 4 wheel stop. i drive I-80 over the Sierras often and see many Bay area Hummers, Grand Cherokees, Misc Lifted trucks in the ditch all the time. i only make these comments since some meatball will read my comments and think they are untouchable in foul weather and proceed to drive like an a$$.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks This all wheel drive is all new for me I always had 4x4s liven out the boonies I wasn't sure how the AWD would go. I guess the salesman didn't fib. Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts