Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 traverse. I bought it a month ago. The dealer said lights was on cause it needed a abs wheel sensor. I replaced the sensor, lights are all still on. The vehicle acts as if the back passenger wheel slips and grinds when you take off when wheel is turned. Wheels dont make any noise after take off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try going to a parts store and see if they have an ABS Code reader that they can check for any ABS codes in your computer. That will give you a place to start if a code has set. Slipping and grinding maybe a sticky caliper that releases when you accelerate.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The wheel sensor reads a ring on the wheel (bearing?). Some reports of that ring failing, especially seems to be related to rust/deterioration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wheel sensor reads a ring on the wheel (bearing?). Some reports of that ring failing, especially seems to be related to rust/deterioration.
I changed rotors and had to bang it with hammer. When I got done had trac control warning. Gave up for the night w/o figuring it out. Next morning I went out and there were little bits and pieces of the sensor ring on the ground. Had to repplace entire hub to get a new abs ring for the sensor to read and that fixed it. 175k miles on the hub when the ring deteriorated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts