Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive some pretty remote and dark mountain roads, and the danger of having something as large as a moose walk out in front of you is very real. I am considering installing one of the modern style LED light bars in a 20"-24" size. My real question is about mounting it. I searched but really didn't come up with a thread that addressed this. Does anyone have something like this mounted on their Traverse and want to share some insight? I have found some "bull bars" for the Traverse but thing that seems like overkill just to mount a light on. Thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im thinking of doing the same thing... My thought was removing the bumper (fascia) and bolting/screwing the light bar right to the steel inner bumper right behind the grill. If bolting, it would have to be a long bolt, 2 1/2 + inches, because there is a air space in the bumper.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
can these be mounted to the crossbars- or would they vibrate too much?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just below the lower main grill is the massive steel beam connecting the chassis rails together. You can see it in this thread:

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=3503.0

Suggestion: Have a simple pair of brackets made up that will come out through the grille to mount your new lights or light bar. You will want to extend the bracket out beyond the light mount to protect the lights from people who use the braille method of parking.......

·
Registered
110 Posts
I traded in a Subaru Forester for my Traverse in June. I had an LED light bar on the Forester using a license plate mount. I was unable to use it on the Traverse because I couldn't screw it into the impact bar like I did on the Forester. I had to take the front fascia off the Traverse in order to mount it. I tried to post pics, but will not allow me to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How's the lighting? Does it throw enough light down road or just light up the grill? We got a cabin a few hrs north and extra light is needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts