Traverse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely love our new 1lt Steel Green "Spring Edition" 2010, 1 week old. From reading the forums, it appears that its a pretty rare car (the color isn't even in the brochure!) Two questions....first, my wife really misses a remote automatic liftgate, supermarket trips, full hands, you know....does anyone know if it would be real difficult to install the parts over from the catalog or a wrecked 2lt or ltz? I'm sure all the wiring is already there. Second, are the projector beam headlights adjustable upwards at all? They look great and are really bright at night, but the cutoff is way too severe in the distance....like driving with your eyes 1/2 shut. Couple more complaints...the rear seatbelt anchors dig into the passenger hips - kids also - and the double mesh sunroof shades are REALLY cheesy for a $38,000 car. All in all, however, its only been a week, but we absolutely LOVE the car. The ride, room, quality, quietness and dealer experience were all top notch. Never thought I'd buy a green car, but love this color, and the 20's are gorgeous....not looking forward to paying for tires, though..........thanks for any input you might have out there!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Adding an automatic lift gate is possible; although I'm not sure you would want to tackle this as a DIY project. My suggestion would be to call your dealer and see what they say.

:welcome: to the forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
staciesbaby said:
Absolutely love our new 1lt Steel Green "Spring Edition" 2010, 1 week old.
Pics please! Would have loved to get a green one but they didn't have any available when we purchased ours last year.

Curious what you find out if you go to the dealer. We have a 2009 LS and miss that feature as well. Please keep us all posted!

·
Registered
126 Posts
we got the steel green color love it but we found it with the power lift gate. your right is it something you can really use. if you do find one in a yard there is a switch up front that opens it and disables it if you don't want to use it.

A

·
0 Posts
mdcj7 said:
there is a switch up front that opens it and disables it if you don't want to use it.
correct, but you would have to pull the entire assembly and install in your vehicle. I'm also thinking you may need a BCM reflash since the power liftgate has a dedicated module. Not to "rain on your parade"; but finding a dealer to reflash your BCM may be tough

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
I think your Spring Edition-- is actually the LT special Edition...

Though Ive heard somewhere of the Spring edition-- maybe the Acadias?

But heres what I see...
option code PCH- look for that in your glove box sticker...

"LT special Edition package"- Includes 20", dual exhaust with bright tips, and Projector low beam lamps.
colors available- Black granite metallic, red jewel tintcoat, STEEL Green metallic exterior Paints ONLY.

This special edition- was effective- 2/22/10- actually fairly late in the 2010 production run.

And it could be a 1LT or 2LT...

the remote liftgate- was only available on the 2LT and LTZ...

what is interesting on the Projector headlamps...
is that for 2010-- they were only available on the 1LT and 2LT-- with the Special Edition Package...
they were even available on the LTZ...

for 2009- they were available on the LTZ. (and possibly one other 'special' model...

so if you see a 2010 Traverse with Projectors-- its most likely a Special edition--- and a slight chance that its a Mexican Traverse-- as those come with Projectors only.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to rbarrios.........from reading the posts on this entire forum, I realize you know A LOT about traverses......but I think the "Spring Edition" maybe was an east coast thing (as opposed to the California Edition, or whatever it was called). It even says Spring Edition on the window sticker. Anyway, all everybody is commenting on is the tailgate........what about headlight adjustability? They look cool, but the horizontal cutoff is too severe........any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
The headlights have been a topic of many discussions. There is a section here called "XenonDepot.com" for headlights in particular. I'd start there. Most likely to get the results you like you may have to consider upgrading to a better bulb in your headlights.

Oh, and yes they are adjustable, but it's not fun. I've not done it, but my dealership's service department was not thrilled when I asked for them to adjust under warranty (which you might try too.)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info, narg....will work on that

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
staciesbaby said:
to rbarrios.........from reading the posts on this entire forum, I realize you know A LOT about traverses......but I think the "Spring Edition" maybe was an east coast thing (as opposed to the California Edition, or whatever it was called). It even says Spring Edition on the window sticker. Anyway, all everybody is commenting on is the tailgate........what about headlight adjustability? They look cool, but the horizontal cutoff is too severe........any suggestions?
Now that you mention it--
Now I recall- that we had discussed this Spring edition before-- or something very similar....
We didnt see it on the order catalog-- but people were definitely buying them-- as they started to comment on them.
Thats what was weird-- that they were showing up-- but not listed on the documents we were looking it..
The California Edition- was listed- on the 09 docs..
and then discontinued for 2010.
Did they add any marks on it? like a decal or something on the dash or stitching on seats?

Trailblazers has the North Face edition-- and they had a special logo on the side pillar-- as well as on the seats I think.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Going to break topic a little bit here, but I believe that our Traverse is a Cali or Spring Edition, as you say b/c it is an LT2 with projector low's, Dueal exhaust, factory 20's, Bose, and Red Jewell Tintcoat. Nowhere on the Verse does it say California Edition, or Spring Edition, and I didn't notice anything different in the interior, when compared to an LTZ. I have not looked at another LT1 or 2 to compare, as our Dealership only had this LT2, a couple LTZ's, and a truck load of LS's.

sorry to thread jack, You may now continue... :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds like we have the same truck!!!

we bought our steel green metallic back in may, i had never seen the color at all, we were going in to buy a dark grey traverse then we saw the steel green metallic coming off the truck that day and that was enough for us to change our mind on the color, the only thing we didnt like that it didnt have the black interior, but the dealer was nice to look for one.... they ended having to go 250miles to go get cause there was none closer!!! i like how the steel green metallic blends in very well with all the plastic on the bottom of the Traverse... we also got it with the Spring edition..... we didnt go with the some roof for the same reason that the mesh shades looked real cheesy PLUS we know OUR kids would tear them up!!!! if it would of had the full sliding doors we would of definately gone with it... we also never thought we would ever buy a GREEN family ride, but GM sure did a good job with the color, looks real classy to me....

by the way about the Spring Edition, i dont know where exactly they made them but I bought ours here in Houston, TX,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, superboy....I went to dealer yesterday about feasability of adding the power liftgate to my 1lt...the service manager said he had no such previous requests, but said it would be next to impossible....he said the wiring harnesses are VIN specific, and besides that, so are the ECM's, so a reflash wouldn't suffice, i'd probably need a whole new ECM, plus the liftgate parts, plus the interior switch, plus the better keyfobs, even if it could be cut into the harness.....and even if it could be done, which probably I can't handle myself (i'm handy, but i'm not a computer programmer!!!) , he sait it would most likely void my warranty, as it would not be considered original equipment and a vehicle alteration.....way too much hassle for me.....he even suggested trading it in for a 2lt or an LTZ-knowing that i've only had it three weeks! what an idiot.... just thought i'd share my experience.... still love the car, except for those pesky seatbelt anchors in the back that stab everyone in the lower hips....why don't they fix THAT in a recall? I can/t believe no one else in these boards has complained about them....does my family just need to go on a diet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe the california edition was available in 2009 not 2010 and i believe the was a similer version called the travelers edition in 2010. power hatch will not the an easy add the wiring is not the believe I looked in to it. You can add it if you prepared to remove the interior to add wiring and can find the the complete set up from the junkyard including the sensors on thge hatch hatch trim and the quarter trim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts