Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought new Traverse love it except for the auto stop, it’s rediculous the engine shutting off every time you stop ,, my 2019 does not have an auto stop override switch. I was not told about this when I bought the car, test drive was on a highway not any stop and start driving. Anyone know how to get around this auto stop short of putting it in neutral at every stop light. ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just bought new Traverse love it except for the auto stop, it’s rediculous the engine shutting off every time you stop ,, my 2019 does not have an auto stop override switch. I was not told about this when I bought the car, test drive was on a highway not any stop and start driving. Anyone know how to get around this auto stop short of putting it in neutral at every stop light. ?
Use the search - many posts on this. If you put the shifter into "L" then toggle to L9 no more auto stop. I've had my 2019 for several months now and find when not running the A/C the vehicle usually doesn't start up while stopped but in the summer with A/C if the car starts feels like someone hit you from behind.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts

What do you mean by shifting to neutral at every stop light? If you just want to start the engine before the light turns green, just slightly lift off the brake and the engine will start before you completely remove your foot. The other links above look like good options for completely removing the auto off feature.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not something I would willingly pay to have installed on my RS but, in as much as GM did not consult me prior to my purchase, it was not a deal-breaker and I have learned to live with it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
L9 or in my experience keeping the AC set to LO will defeat the autostop.
Or if your thumb is too tired to place in L9, accelerate through the gears and at top gear drop the shift lever from D to L and it will automatically go to the current gear, L9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts