Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Pioneer headunit in my 2010 Traverse (non-Bose) using the GMOS-LAN-01 Data Bus Interface. The installation went fine and everything works like it should except that I have no audbile turn signal indicator. The Crutchfileld people shipped a simple SPDT relay with instructions to connect pin 86 to the constant 12V wire and pin 85 to the black/white wire in the 12-pin harness. I did that, but it doesn't work. The idea seems to be that the relay coil would be energized at intervals causing the relay to click and restoring the clicking sound. For whatever reason, that strategy doesn't work. Crutchfield's solution was to credit me with the cost of the relay. I checked the relay and it is fine. Does anyone know how to make this work or of some othe way to get an audible turn signal indication?

·
Registered
312 Posts
GreenViking, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I don't have your answer myself, but I'm betting somebody on here might have some good info for you. Below is a thread from our sister Enclave forum that addresses issues that may be relevant.

Good luck and happy to have a Viking in our midst!

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4066.0

A

·
0 Posts
Not sure what the problem is, but I do know that the BCM takes input from the turn signal arm when actuated; the BCM then generates the "click" sound and that sound is transmitted through the radio speakers

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
this is interesting.
I dont have an answer....
My understanding is that the new turn signal sound is generated and played thru the radio and onto the speaker and thats why they gave you that lan interface.
The relay is an interesting idea....

PLease keep us informed on what you find.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not to threadjack, but it sure would be nice to somehow be able to change that clicking sound to something more appeasing. Never realized it was played through the radio speakers, another win for GMLANBUS! Wouldn't it be cool to be able to "assign a ringtone" to it? I know that's a serious hack, but I must admit that there are nicer sounding turnsignal clickity sounds out there.

threadjack over, sorry!

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
you may want to check the menu- and check to see that its not on LOUD. if it i--- then changing to normal-- may be a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the problem. I am reluctant to admit it, but I connected the relay to the wrong wire. The instructions say to connect one wire to +12V and the other to the "black/white" wire. There are two wires in the 12-pin harness that are black and white. Without noticing the other wire, I first connected to the wire that was white with the black stripe. I should have connected to the black wire with the white strip. Duh. Once connected correctly, the relay makes a nice clicking sound. This seems to be crude solution but it's cheap and it works.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I add an amp to the factory head unit and I retained my factory turn signals.

Only they where amplified as well.

So I had to set all my levels as high as I could without the turn signal driving me crazy ha ha..

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
good to hear you figured it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey BigBlue I found a solution to the amplified signal and chimes. I did a install like yours instead, a use a line out converter(Maxxsonics MX-2) with signal sense turn on. Instead of using the front and rear speaker outputs of the deck , just use the rear outputs the get the signal to the amp. Use the front left speaker wires connected to a small 3 inch or so speaker to get your signal and chimes. It won't be amplified it comes straight from the deck. Just find a place to mount it, I used my stock speaker and placed it temporarily under my seat. This solved that annoying loud "click clack"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts