Traverse Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2009 Traverse that I paid $6k cash for In Oct 2018 has now sat out front for 7 mon because I cannot afford to pay $3000 to replace the timing chain. It is a POS and I would love to be a part of a lawsuit against generous motors to be held accountable for this horrible fail on their part! If aNyone else is intereste, have ideas or a attorney in mind, please contact me! this Mom needs A vehicle

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
sorry to hear that you bought someone elses problem.
Would have been wise to hit the forums BEFORE buying this model year.
Unfortunately you bought it too late also- as the 2009s had an extended warranty on the chains- but they have since expired.

If you do find someone to fix your chains at a reasonable price- remember to check your oil level often- and keep the oil level at the full mark.

Direct injection engines begin to use oil as the miles increase. Low oil levels is one reason the chains wear.
So- if you fix it- maintain proper oil level and stick to 3000-5000 miles oil change intervals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I grew up in Michigan, moved when I was 25, have drove nothing but Chevy’s. Single Mom in her 50’s who bought the 2009 back in Oct 2018 from a guy on my Nextdoor App. He answered all my questions without a flinch of an eye. This is a Chevrolet problem that they should be held accountable if they extended the warranty then (obviously) they need to be the ones with a permanent fix.
If anyone knows of an attorney OR would like to band together for the sake of holding Chevy accountable, please let me know. I feel robbed by generous motors

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Not what you want to hear, but.........

You are wasting your time. No attorney is going to take on your case on a 12 year old car that is long out of even the extended warranty.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts