Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this moring coming out of the gym i had an "attempted theft" message in the message center when i started my traverve.
Anyone ever get this? Could i have done this when locking the vehicle?
thanks

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
I know about the message- but have never seen it in any of the GM's I have that are capable of displaying it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had it once a few months ago. My drivers side rear door was ajar but not open. Called Onstar and they couldn't give me any info but my neighbors heard the alarm and saw the lights flashing at 1:30 AM. Also, when my wife unlocked the car the morning she got the message the horn beeped. The horn has never done that since so I assume its another way to tell you the car was tampered with

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
melouche said:
this moring coming out of the gym i had an "attempted theft" message in the message center when i started my traverve.
Anyone ever get this? Could i have done this when locking the vehicle?
thanks
Sounds like someone did tamper with the vehicle. Don't understand how locking the vehicle could activate the message.

Bob

·
Registered
407 Posts
What has to be done to have this message come on? Repeated attempts to open an unlocked door? Pounding on the glass? Or is it something much more that has to occur?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The night mine went off we had 50 to 60 mph winds. One of my daughters probably didn't close the door all the way. I assume that the wind pushed the door and made it shake since it was open a little and thats what set off the alarm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts