Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get any extra parts in their new Traverse?

When I brought mine home last year- I opened the storage compartment-- and found a new tailgate handle.
I looked at the one on my tailgate- and mine looks fine- no signs of wear on the screws from screws being put on/off (just like border customs does-- looks for signs of screws being removed/put on.

It was the handle and the other 2 parts that make the assembly- and the screws.
In the pic it looks a little dirty as its been rolling around the back with some tools etc- but it was new.

But this just adds more to the 'mystery' of my Traverse. (look at my signature for possible mystery)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I've found something even better in a new car.

I brought my first brand new 91 RS V6 Camaro home.

I thought it sounded funny on the way home a little to loud. I was being real easy on it as it was new.

When at home I start to look at it open up the hood and looked at the motor.

Then things started to sink in 4 spark plug wires on each side of the motor.

They actually messed up my build and had a V8 305 in it instead of the V6 3.1.

Needless to say I got an apology and a free V8 engine upgrade.

Glad gas was cheap back then...

I also found a very nice 1/2 socket wrench in one of my cars after service.

I've found nothing in the Traverse yet ha ha.. But now I want to do snooping ha ha.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It was a sleeper RS after I put a Vortec supercharger on it.

I remember the speeding ticket was not to much fun though.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
The only "extra" part I got with my Traverse was my towing harness! Oh and the $100 cheque my salesperson cut me, for referring my parents!

·
Registered
202 Posts
AA/78U said:
A sleeper RS-nice :thumb:
Some 3rd generation camaro RS's had the 305... easy way to tell is that they had the larger "flatter" rims, as apposed to the concave stock V6 rims of the day.

3rd gen rims that came with stock 3.1L V6:

3rd gen rims that came with stock 305 V8:

3rd gen rims with the IROC-Z trim level option (V8 only both 305 and 350 with difference under the hood and the keen eye would notice the logo on the rear bumper):

On the IROC-Z's, if the 305 was installed, the rear bumper logo simply said "Z28". If the optional upfit 350 TPI engine was installed, the bottom sticker in this pic was on the left rear of the bumper.

In any event, that's awesome that you got a free upgrade to a 5.0 Camaro!

--zepcom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts