Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else experiencing this? When ever I am traveling at speeds greater than 30-40 mph and I hit a slight bump in the road, I get a rattle/vibration coming from the area around the front sunroof. I have tried to pinpoint, but can't quite find it. It is not the screen or the latch and if I close the screen and keep pressure down on the latching mechanism, it still does it. I have put my hand in the little opening where the screen clicks in and if I keep my hand there with pressure the rattle stops, but I can't figure out exactly what pieces are vibrating. Of course, now that I am tuned in to it, I hear it all the time. Does anyone else have this and have you figured out how to fix it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My makes a noise also. I have tracked it down to the rubber gasket around the sunroof. If you press up on the glass does the noise stop? I found that putting Vaseline around the gasket will stop it for a little bit. After a while you will need to put more on it. Hope that helps.

Does you sunroof leak in the corners? Mine does and I have had two dealers tell me that GM designed it to do that. I told them that was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of. Needless to say they didn't try to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Talk about crap. Nobody designs anything to leak, unless it's a sprinkler. They designed channels around it "incase" it leaked, but didn't design it to leak. I'd take mine to another dealership, that one sounds worthless. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check tonight if pushing up on the glass itself stops the noise, I was more focused on the latch and metal mechanisms. My sunroof has not leaked - at least I can be thankful for that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts