Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ours today. A parking brake issue this time. I was actually at the dealer last week and they mentioned that there was another recall and they ordered the new cable, so I have to bring it in this week to get it replaced. So much for relying on the parking brake as a backup for the first recall in the shifter. lol.

Joe

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've received multiple notices on this through GMOC, mail, and phone

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've not received the latest recall pertaining to the parking brake. Wonder how long it will take for me to receive it? Does anyone know when the RECALL for the "shifter" first came out? I just got mine a week and a half ago and I've owned my Traverse for almost two months now. Just wondering how long it takes to get a RECALL notice in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got mine the other day. Brought it to the dealer, they had to order the parts. Also has a bad rear wiper switch which they also had to order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I still haven't received the second recall notice regarding the issue with the parking break. I took my Traverse in today to take care of the issue with the first recall notice and wasn't too comfortable when the service representative said, "you have a recall already?". I told him that I thought that there were two recalls listed already for the vehicle, however, I had not yet received the second recall notice. I picked up my vehicle a few hours later and according to my invoice, the only recall work they did pertained to the first recall notice regarding the "shifter" issue. Don't know if the dealership searched for info pertaining to the second recall or not. Should I continue to wait for my second recall notice or should I go in to the dealership again and demand that they make the necessary repairs for the second recall? Do recalls pertain to ALL vehicles or could it perhaps pertain to only vehicles made after a certain date? I know that may not be an intelligent question, but I want to be certain I'm not insisting that work be done that isn't necessary. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealers know about it. My dealer told me about it when I brought it in for an oil change. If they're not sure, call chevy and find out if your VIN is part of the recall. If so ask them for the information you need to give the dealer so they can get a clue.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts