1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use an Axius sun shade that I've had for years. Bought it for my 02 Monte Carlo, fit my 04 Silverado, and fits the traverse pretty good. Obviously your car will still get pretty hot, but as long as you park east-west (sun light in the driver side window), you won't have a hot steering wheel. No need for a $30+ shade. I would just get a cheap one from target/walmart. Mine was cheap and its lasted years.

This one resembles the one I have. In the store they usually have a size guide on the back.
http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Shade-Reflective-Diamond-Sunshade-Standard/dp/B000RA0FQM/ref=sr_1_62?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1277343409&sr=1-62

My wife has one like this one and it is a pain to put up. :banghead:
http://www.amazon.com/Nylon-Magic-Sunshade-Styles-Vary/dp/B000AMBOLW/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I bought the one peace one for my wife like the one you are looking at on E-bay it’s a good fit but she dose not use it because the windshield in the Traverse is big so the one peace isn’t exactly easy to put it in the window even when it’s rolled up its bulky. I would recommend the two peace one because if it’s too much trouble to put in the windshield it more than likely won’t get used.

8) Steve

·
Registered
150 Posts
A 'poor mans' version of this is to hit the insulation aisle at Home Depot, Lowes or other such hardware store and pickup a roll of "Reflectix". Cut to fit and voila!

This stuff is used in pop-up trailers to extend the camping season into the fall or early spring when temperatures drop or swing dramatically. They're also used to reflect heat when the sun is beating down on the pop-up trailer so as to aid in keeping the unit cool.

Then again, you may find one of those accordion style window shades to be easier to insert/remove.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm- I may just make my own...
Ill look for that reflectix.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) That will work but if you make it all one peace you will see it’s not all that easy to take in and out. If I get a chance this week end I will take a couple of pictures of the one I have so you can see what I am talking a bought. I would go with one that is two peaces that is much easier to take in and out. That’s what I use in my Silverado and I put it in every day.

8) Steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here is a Pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
One from inside

Attachments

·