Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at the Chevy website, spec'ing a Traverse just the way I want it, but every time I finish the "build your own" and go to find one in my area, the closest match is usually something like 63%, which is not ideal. I've tried it with numerous zip codes in different areas of the country, and I'm still not having any luck. If you have a similarly spec'd rig, I'd like to hear about it.

Here's what I want:

Traverse 2LT AWD (don't care so much about color as long as it's not green. Leaning toward cyber metallic gray).

8 passenger seating (I don't care if it's cloth or leather, but the front seats have to be heated. No captain's chairs!)

Personal Connectivity package (I'll never buy a car without Bluetooth again).

Trailering package

Navigation w/rear entertainment, rear view camera, and USB

That doesn't seem like too much to ask, given that those are all common features, but I'm finding it very difficult to find one online that has all of them. Let me know if you've seen one (or have one). Thanks.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I think only the leather seats come with heated seats no?

If not-- they you may have to order it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think heated seats are available with cloth. I think you're right though--this may be a factory order...

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
I think only the leather seats come with heated seats no?

If not-- they you may have to order it.
Heated seats has to be leather; I don't think your options are too tough to match. As some other members stated; you might need to just order one

I retract my statement concerning the leather seats; I built a 1LT which only comes with cloth seats and you can add the heated seat option for $250

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can verify that you can get heated cloth seats. Our 1LT has them. I believe 2011 is the first year they were available.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My guess is the hardest option you are going to get to match would be the 8 passenger. All other options are so common that they are almost standard on a 2LT model, atleast around here.

·
Registered
551 Posts
GXPWeasel said:
My guess is the hardest option you are going to get to match would be the 8 passenger. All other options are so common that they are almost standard on a 2LT model, atleast around here.
X2. I just did your build in my area (Detroit area) and the best match was 69%, having the captain chairs. I guess most people like having the captain chairs vs. the bench. I agree what you are asking for is not too much and you SHOULD be able to get it, but it looks like you might have to order it.

If you go to a good dealer they will search other dealer's inventory and can trade vehicles with them, might want to try that. I also didnt know you could get heated seats on cloth! I also didnt know you could get a 2LT in cloth either!

Good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey matno---tell me your general area and i'll help do an inventory search for you...i've got too much time on my hands. I've already checked within 150 mi. of Allentown, PA (my homebase), NYC, Chicago, and Detroit for you, with no luck. I also think the hardest match will be the 8 pass. seating...every 2LT i look at has the cap chairs. I have the 8 pass in my 1LT and we love it, except for the sucky seat belt anchors...don't get me started on that :banghead: Once again, if its out there, I WILL FIND IT !!! ;D

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
you guys are correct.
Heated seats are available with cloth seats. RPO code KA1

the difference that I see is that the LEATHER seats get HEATED/COOLED combo... the cloth only get Heated.

good find.

By the way--- I see that the leather seats options says leather 1st and 2nd row... that mean the entire 3rd row is fake leather?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The Dealerships stock their lots with popular selling packages. Your not finding it because of the 8 seating option.

I always only see the 7 Seat options on the lots with 2LT.

You will not find it unless a dealer got stuck with a custom order that the deal went bad on them.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
You should search for 8 seating configuration, tow package, 2LT--- and see how close any of those come to your configuration--- that may give you an idea of how dealers are ordering them...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just to clarify--the heated/cooled option is only available in the LTZ.

·
Registered
104 Posts
when we were looking for our 2010 back in july we wanted a 7 seater and all we could find were 8's but at the last minute we found a 7

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
DIESAHL said:
when we were looking for our 2010 back in july we wanted a 7 seater and all we could find were 8's but at the last minute we found a 7
That could possibly be because you ( and I ) were looking late in the model year for 2010's, and what was LEFT OVER was 8 passenger seating. Definitely the 7 pass. is most popular.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
7 seater is the way to go. i love the rear captains chair.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmmm. 7 seater doesn't work for me. Besides the fact that higher seating capacity appeals to me (I drove a VW Vanagon Sycro even when I was a single college student), my wife is currently expecting child number 6, so 8 is definitely more practical. Granted, this is going to be MY car (she already has an 8 passenger Sienna), but I'd like to have the option of taking the whole fam if need be... I've been driving a smaller "practical" commuter car for the last 5 years, and I really prefer to drive bigger cars. When I want the "rush" people get from driving a sports car, I go mountain biking. When I'm on the road, I want plush and comfortable meets versatile enough for any situation...

I said I don't care if it's leather or cloth, but actually I prefer cloth. More comfortable (i.e. not as hot/cold) and definitely ages better. I don't think I've ever seen old leather that still looked new, but my wife's cloth Sienna still looks almost exactly the same as it did when we bought it 7 years ago (and given the fact that she pretty much lets the kids eat whatever they want in the car, color with markers, etc, it has definitely been abused).

Sounds like I may be stuck with the custom order after all. I was hoping not to have to buy new just for the cost savings, but I guess I'll have to compromise one way or the other. (I'd rather get what I want). From what I can tell, the price gap between new and used isn't what it used to be anyway.

Staciesbaby, I'm currently in NYC but will be moving to Albuquerque soon (probably before I buy the Traverse). Also, I don't mind going somewhere else if that's what it takes to get what I'm looking for. A few years ago, I flew to Ohio from New York to pick up a car I bought on Autotrader...

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
the lambdas are holding their value well.
Quite a few members have found that a used one with 20K miles is priced very close to a new one... enough that some have decided to go new

·
Registered
186 Posts
OK, Matno, i'm on it...btw - what part of NYC? I was born an d raised in Yonkers, and married into Staten Island and lived there quite a few years before moving to eastern PA.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Matno : here goes... Northstar Chevy in Clifton Park, N.Y. (near Albany) has a 1LT optioned all the way up to what you want EXCEPT for nav. It even has the "hit the road package", which gives you a TRUE roof rack and really nice running boards. The stock radio (my 1LT has it) does have an ipod adapter hole, which maybe a usb can be adapted to...or maybe you can change out the head unit to suit your needs. As i'm sure you know, you can get an awesome GPS unit these days for less than $150...pretty small price to pay. If you go on thei website, its the white 1LT that stickers at $39,940. I'll keep looking for a perfect match for you...good luck! ;D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Matno...me again...i'll stop looking now...at Apple Chevrolet/Cadillac in York, PA (about 100 mi. west of Philly) , I got tired of looking when I got to about 10 different 1LT's all configured how you want them, about 1/2 with sunroofs also, all with the Bose rear seat DVD ent. sys. and surround sound, etc., but none with nav. The nav is the sticking point. If you can forego the nav (and a power tailgate), any of these should suffice for you - no need to wait for a 2LT. Probably save you some cash, also. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts