Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a pinstripe on their Traverse? It seems that the majority of Traverses in my area are all the same color as mine - Silver Ice - UGH!!! I am trying to distinguish my Traverse from others and am considering having a pinstripe painted on. Does anyone out there have a pinstripe? If so, what color is your Traverse and the pinstripe. I read somewhere that it's best to use a color from your interior for the pinstripe. If anyone out there has a pinstripe I would appreciate any pics you are willing to share. Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been considering the same thing but I'm unsure as to where the stripes will end, because of where the body lines run. Most pinstripes follow a line in the body but the Traverse line does not run the length of the body, it dips down past the rear door into the quarter panel above the wheel opening, but another line starts above that one and goes to the tail lights. Guess I will just go to my favorite pinhead for a consultation. They do seem to beg for a stripe to break up the sides and it will probably look good if you have one stripe finish low and have another start on the top of the quarter and go around to the other to the side. When I get some spare $$$ I will post pics. :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Silver Ice 1LT has a double 1/8" black stripe that runs just under the ridge running from the headlight to the rear "corner" of the last side window. I don't know if it is a factory stripe or dealer applied as it was on when I bought it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the input. Yeah, the location of the pinstripe has me a little concerned. I was worried that the pinstripe might look awkward if it ran along the line of the body of the vehicle because it seems like it would be too high or just look awkward with being just under the windows. Plus, I too was concerned as to where the pinstripe would start and end.

Sai;er-if you have any pics we would LOVE to see them. Black is always a safe bet for a pinstripe on a Silver vehicle.

Thanks to all!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the pics Sai;er! Your stripes run differently than all others that I have seen. I'll have to do some comparisons to see which placement I prefer. Thank you so much for sharing! :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
If and when I get mine done...I would definitely not go that route, letting the pinstripe run with the last window. I don't like that angle one bit for a pinstripe. I'd just let it run straight back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i will be putting a pinstipe on my silver moss traverse ls next friday...the pinstripe will start from the front about 1/4 inch and end at the back larger with traverse written in it...will try to post a pic when done...the stripe will be silver

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Melouche - please send me pics after you get it done. I can't wait to check it out. I really wanted the Silver Moss Traverse but the only one we could find in our area was an LS. Can't wait. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Way to go melouche! I really like the pinstripe. I still haven't found anyone around here that paints the stripes on. I don't want tape because I've had issues with the tape pinstripes in the past. I'll continue my search and thanks for sharing the pic!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chevy should pay you for putting the lettering on so big. I'd check with their advertising department for a kickback! :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a pin stripe and mine goes all the way to the tail lights, hope fully the pic below does justice:

·
Registered
248 Posts
??? Any one else? I am thinking of installing some my self.

·
Registered
324 Posts
melouche said:
here are pics of my pinstripe and lettering..give me your opinions good or bad
The lettering looks too... plain. A drop shadow on the letters or something else to jazz it up a little would help, IMO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
CHEVerse said:
I have a pin stripe and mine goes all the way to the tail lights, hope fully the pic below does justice:

It looks great , much better following the body line than the windows. Did you carry it around to the back?

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Looks Good

8) Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
sai;er said:
Here are pics of my dirty Traverse with the pinstripes.
We have the same pinstripe on our red Traverse...at least It appears ours is about a inch or two longer in the back though.

The dealer had it striped on the lot and had a couple hundred dollar charge for it. I didn't want to pay for it, and I didn't want it at first...so the dealer said they would not charge for it..and they would take it off. The dealership forgot to take it off when we took delivery of it...and after a couple of days, I started to like the look of it and figured, heck with it..we'll just keep it on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts