Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife wants me to consider this exterior color before pulling the trigger... In the early days of the Acadia forum, there were "conflicting" accounts of this exterior paint "chipping right down to the primer".
Never got a handle on the extent (or if it was a real problem), just curious if there are any concerns out there for this on the Traverse?
One Acadia forum post talked about the "tintcoat" possibly contributing to the problem....

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please bump me if you have red jewel please so I know there are satisfied customers out there....
I have an open thread on the AcadiaForum and it appears one '07 is known for chipping...
but the '08s are reporting ok. Maybe just a bad batch or two from the '07 crop...

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Red Jewel Traverses have just hit the ground so paint issues are probably not showing up if there are any.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had my Red Jewel Enclave since June 2007, and have NO issues with paint chipping.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our dealer salesman got back to me and stated that there was an original issue at one point in time with paint chips with the Jewel Tintcoat - but this was resolved by applying more paint (thus requiring the additional invoice cost for this color). Apparently the amount/thickness of the Jewel Tintcoat was related to the chip issue since less amounts of paint were always needed for the metallic coatings than this tintcoat coating. It sounds like this has been addressed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
t4me said:
Wife wants me to consider this exterior color before pulling the trigger...
T4me, have you (or anyone else here) ever actually seen a Red Jewelcoat "in the flesh" on a Trav?
Just curious, because I have yet to see one on a lot. The color really does seem appealing, but between its extra cost and probably having to special-order it, I dropped consideration of it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have not seen it on the Traverse... saw it on the GMC Acadia that we were considering.
Wife changed up and went with silver moss on the Traverse we bought.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Saw 3 on a transport on Fri unfortunately none of them stayed but they looked very nice. This was my wifes first choice with the cashmere interior but I talked her into one sooner because of the incentives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts