Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, anybody know if the Traverse plant in Springhill, TN has shut down production yet? I guess I would be better off asking my dealer, but I'm just curious (I signed to factory order a 2LT on Sept 19th). I tried googling but no info whether it is shut down or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
I read somewhere--- where they asked dealers to order by a certain date for Traverses... because once they shut down- they would be down for about 4 months I think...
I think till feb....
so hopefully your order made it under spring hill... or else you wait for a while...

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
I received an answer from someone that works at Spring Hill...
Here is what he said (Nov 12,09)

"We only have approx 7000 (or so) more Traverses to build at Spring Hill as of today. Placing your own order (Not from existing stock) could be hard, but only a dealer could tell you for certain? The week of Nov 23rd is set for the final build. And yes, it will be close to 2-3 months before Lansing is fully up to speed and building the Traverse. Specific tooling for the Traverse has to be sent from Spring Hill to Lansing and be set up after build out."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info rbarrios. I feel much better now. I signed the purchase agreement on Sept 19th. I talked to my dealer last month and he said they ordered it for sure. I'll try to call them up again and I guess asked for "event code". Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I believe Customer Service in Michigan can still assist with build dates. If you have the order number, I believe they can supply you with either a build date or shipping date. They did in the past, I did not order my Traverse this time, bought an in stock unit.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts