Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some issues matching the tint in our 2008 Saturn Vue. The factory tint was a bronze color and could only get a smoke / blueish tint installed. We only noticed the diference in color when inside the Vue. Is this an issue in the Traverse?

·
Registered
158 Posts
We had the exact same issue with our Traverse. The original factory tint is a rose/bronze color, while the added aftermarket tint was smoke/blue. From outside, it doesn't look any different. Inside is another story. You can definitely see the difference.

·
Registered
551 Posts
No notice on the outside, from the inside a minor difference. We used the upgraded 3m tint that will not fade over time or turn purple. I suggest this tint as the tint on my jeep is turning purple after about 4 years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to know, prior to getting tint installed this time :) What ended up helping in our Vue was going with a lighter tint. The darker the tint, the more noticeable color difference.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I gave up on matching. The place where I got mine done did color good, but the shade is different. I asked for the shade to be "legal" which is just a tad lighter than the factory tint. Doesn't look bad at all. And, I figure the UV protection is worth more than the darkness. Especially if I get what's legal in my state.

The dealer where I bought seems to have found someone that tints them 100% identical from what I can tell. He started doing that after I had mine tinted though. He tints just about every car he sells now before he sells them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts