Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Dealers Close In Your Area Due To COVID-19?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Central Texas--No. Just took my Traverse in for service today. They seemed busy enough, but patrons were able to maintain "social distancing" without any issues in waiting areas.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I haven't heard of any in northern MD doing it yet.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Just the opposite. Getting Emails saying they are taking actions to maintain dealership cleanliness to combat COVID19 and feel confident to shop or service your vehicles....."even have solutions in place if you cannot make it to the dealership". Last time I visited the dealership for service they had Typoid Mary coughing her brains out in the service waiting area and likely where I caught a cold. This is their chance for a bonanza, selling inventory while the factories are shut down.

·
Registered
437 Posts
As with most businesses they are stubborn to shut down, maybe they lie and say it's for their employees so they can get paid but the people at the top don't want their income stream to stop, not one business owner would sacrifice their income stream for their employees.

Things are gonna get worse before they get better, in this lawsuit happy country I wouldn't be surprised to see some employers get sued if an outbreak originates in their place of business.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I watched with interest the Buick/GMC commercials last night that subtly stated that you could now do the processing online and they would deliver vehicle to your door. (Paraphrased, obviously, but you get the idea.) As cintocrunch states, they are reluctant to loose ANY business if they can find a way to work it. I like the innovative approach, but it still means someone, some where, is still physically in an environment that could potentially expose them to the virus.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I watched with interest the Buick/GMC commercials last night that subtly stated that you could now do the processing online and they would deliver vehicle to your door. (Paraphrased, obviously, but you get the idea.) As cintocrunch states, they are reluctant to loose ANY business if they can find a way to work it. I like the innovative approach, but it still means someone, some where, is still physically in an environment that could potentially expose them to the virus.
Right. It's kind of like Grubhub staying open and grocery stores doing online ordering with curbside delivery.

Well if one of those people is ill and touches ALL of those items, they just got a hundred people sick. Now those peoples families will get sick and all of their coworkers over a 5 day period before they start showing symptoms. See how easy 1 person turns into hundred or thousands? I'm not a doomsday prepper but I am being as cautious as I can. Of course my employer still has everyone working in office so...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Right. It's kind of like Grubhub staying open and grocery stores doing online ordering with curbside delivery.

Well if one of those people is ill and touches ALL of those items, they just got a hundred people sick. Now those peoples families will get sick and all of their coworkers over a 5 day period before they start showing symptoms. See how easy 1 person turns into hundred or thousands? I'm not a doomsday prepper but I am being as cautious as I can. Of course my employer still has everyone working in office so...
Amen to that...we're still working as well.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Dealership are opened, but try to find toilet paper, potatoes, meat etc etc. Here 3 full days without any toilet papers in the stores. What to do? Newspaper maybe!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dealership are opened, but try to find toilet paper, potatoes, meat etc etc. Here 3 full days without any toilet papers in the stores. What to do? Newspaper maybe!
Quick, buy one of the Amazon bidet attachments for your toiler supply line. Never need TP again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Garage chest freezers are also "sold out" nationwide!

Bought one from Lowes a week ago (supposed to be delivered yesterday) and learned it will now take until May at the earliest.

To pass the time, we are playing the "what will be sold out next" game...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts