Traverse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did another trip. Gassed up and hit the road.
1st 138 miles was by myself- it did involve me traveling up near Acton/Palmdale,CA- so there was some climbs involved (I did return down some of these mtn passes)-
then- 44 miles was (mommy,baby, and I)...
and the final 44 miles was (mommy, baby, grandpa and his luggage, and I).

In total 226 miles. Of these about 5 miles were street.
But as you can see- I have achieved excellent mileage again.

This was done- staying at 55-65. with most of it being at 60 MPH.
Of course theres the occasional run up to 70 as traffic conditions call for..
My DIC is very very accurate.
(even if it were 1 mpg OFF) this is still very good!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I did another trip. Gassed up and hit the road.

Is your AWD or FWD?

Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
i don't know i guess you are lucky, certainly fwd helps as i am awd. i cant even come close to that. my wife drives it three times to work... 63 miles round trip avg 55-60mph and gets 20mpg.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is FWD... Ive updated my signature...
By the way-- did you guys notice the last line of my signature?

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
Mine is FWD... Ive updated my signature...
By the way-- did you guys notice the last line of my signature?
How did you find out your Traverse was a test vehicle?

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When my Traverse arrived- it had some 350 something miles on it. I looked it over and there was no dirt/dust/ water splashes on the vehicle.
Dealer guy said they ran emissions test on it- I also got a a little GM discount for the miles put on it.
Then I was talking to some guy online that worked at Spring hill--- and he sent me pics of the area where emissions test and stuff is done on vehicles.
On another forum- someone there said Captured fleet vehicles are tested for 2 weeks by engineers for compliance- My Traverse was built the day after Spring Hill came back up for 2010 production.
Also- based on build date and following the build codes ( someone was checking on me via my order # and VIN)- and travel times from factory to dealer- there was delay of about 2 weeks.
All clues point to it being a Captured Fleet Vehicle.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Cool pics!!!

Mine had almost exactly 350 miles on it when I bought it as well. It's interesting that both yours and mine are Spring Hill LTZs. I wonder if the engineers pick decked-out models to evaluate as they have more systems they can test on them ??? Hmmmm?

As for mileage, I got 26 mpg on a trip from Oklahoma City to Fort Worth once with an obvious tail wind. Usually, I average 18/19 but I know I could do better if I were lighter on the gas pedal, which I don't really worry about.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no- thats not mine...
Mine has 18's.

Just happens to appear to be the same color as mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey rbarrios, your gas miliage is starting to piss me off. :banghead: I am no where near those numbers...... I am now starting to wish my vehicle was fleet captured maybe that would have helped. I guess that is what I get for opting for the awd version. I travel 60 miles to work round trip each day and I am averaging 20/21 mpg (easy on the throttle - cruise control) and it is 80% highway. **** I which I had your numbers. enjoy it my friend :cheers:

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You dont say what speed you travel at when you get on the highway.
But if you dont already- leave about 10 minutes earlier- and anywhere you accelerate- try to keep the max rpm's at about 2500.
Once on the highway- get in the slow lane- and stick to 55-65.
If you can- fall in behind a semi.
Alot of semis around here stick to 55 - just get behind them- and join his convoy-

But once you get off the highway- MPG do drop.
Have you seen my thread on how I drive in city?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Gassed up this evening, then hit the parkway. The speed limit is 55MPH. Set the cruise at 59MPH, and let it go. Got all the way up to 29.9MPG before I had to exit. Was about 15 mile stretch. I was surprised to see it steadily go up as I was driving. On the way back down the same stretch I averaged out at 28.4MPG. Once I got to my subdivision, there are numerous stop signs. Now sitting in the driveway, its sitting at 25.6MPG. Tomorrow my wife will drive it, and she has no desire to "watch" the numbers. So I know it will be down around 22-23 by the end of the day tomorrow! Oh well.

A

·
0 Posts
Quantum said:
Tomorrow my wife will drive it, and she has no desire to "watch" the numbers. So I know it will be down around 22-23 by the end of the day tomorrow! Oh well.
I have the same issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drive 100km on the highway and baby it as much as possible thru town. the trip is 45km from my house to the city and then another 10 km roughly city driving to work but not a lot of lights (about 7 lights). This is one way. The trip to town is not hilly by anymeans either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts