Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had my traverse for 2 weeks and my outside mirrors have been stolen! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Wonder how much a new set is going to set me back now!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Wow! Are they that easy to remove, or did they do some damage?

Sorry to hear it! That really stinks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driver side was taken off without a scratch. The passenger side had some broken plastic where it fits into the electric motor.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
sucks.. you mean the glass itself? and they left the outer shell?

Someone on the acadia forum had a post on how they replaced the glass itself- detailed pics on how its held in place.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
someone on the acadia forum also had theirs stolen.
heres the replacement he got...

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
youre in luck.
THe 09 and 10 parts are the same.
click on the image below.
the left and right mirrors are about $32 and $30 from gmpartsdirect.com (not including shipping).

Attachments

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
go to this thread.
he has detailed- sharp pics of this glass install.
(you didnt say if you had heated mirrors)...
The owner below has heated mirrors and you can see the heating elements etc..
You may have to join to see the pics.. but well worth it for the pics

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=7468.0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pics, Rbarrios. I have a LT1 so I do have the heated mirrors. Yea, the thief popped off the glass and left the housing.

The only thing is I'm uncertain if those mirror replacements parts have the blind spot mirror. Doesn't the LS come without it? I want to make sure that the mirror replacements I get have the heat grid and have the blind spot.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
hmmmm. the site doesnt specify if it has the blind spot mirror....
shows theyre for the 09-10.

And I selected the 10 traverse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the part numbers off the site. I'll call the parts department at the dealership to see if they match up for the LT1.

Got different part numbers from the dealership based off the vehicles vin. Dealership cost for both mirrors is just under 400.00. Cost from partsdirect is about 250.00. I'm assuming the mirrors shown above are the non heated w/o the blind spot.

Mirrorglassplus.com sells heated mirror replacements for about 75.00 but no blind spot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That sucks man....I had someone rip one of my mirrors off my Cavalier a few years back...and suppose it will happen with the Traverse too.....

Medman :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm probably going to get my replacement mirrors vin etched. That should be enough deterrent. I can't have this on my mind every time i go to the movies or out for dinner.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I think the gmpartsdirect site has a # you can call..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didnt like the blind stop but I replace the side view mirror with a power folding saturn one so I have have my glass available for sell in North Jersey

·
Registered
248 Posts
:( Man that sucks. I think I would get the glass etched so this would not happen again. I had all my glassed etched at the dealer ship. I know that’s no guarantee but every little bit helps.

8) Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
my passenger side glass was taken also.. theft ring of mirrors? i know it's an old thread.. the new part number from gmparts is 22792130 went from 47$ to now 98$ wtf.. any one know of a place that has them cheaper? have a 2012 LT.. dont care much if it has blind spot or not.. the wires for heat are there.. i didnt even know these mirrors were heated lol..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rego said:
Haven't had my traverse for 2 weeks and my outside mirrors have been stolen! :angryfire: :angryfire:

Wonder how much a new set is going to set me back now!
Have you complained to Maya Bloomboig that his Police Force isn't protecting yaw propady??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts