Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and really like this site. The other Traverse site just doesn't have the traffic.

Well, I do not have a Traverse yet but plan on getting one in about a year or so. I work for GMPP (extended warranty) and I have access to a several GM only sites that can get service bulletins, vehicle build dates, repair history (only if the work was done at a GM dealer) and some other stuff. I am an ASE Certified Master Technician so I can also help answer mechanical questions that you may have.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
welcome....
It appears you will be very valuable...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I guess I'll start with the questions.... First off, welcome to the site and thank you for sharing the knowledge!

the 6T75 offers "automatic grade braking". Is there any way to reduce this or turn it off? Every time I let off the gas to coast a few hundred feet(or however long it may be) it feels like the trans downshifts to reduce my speed. It's kind of weird to have the vehicle slow down while doing 60mph downill...

:cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is how it works...Adaptive shift controls include automatic grade braking, which commands the transmission to remain in a lower gear if the vehicle is decelerating or coasting on a downgrade. This takes advantage of engine braking to prevent unwanted acceleration. This reduces the need for the driver to brake during a hill descent. The control module receives input that monitors brake pedal usage, vehicle acceleration rate, throttle position, and even whether a trailer is connected to the vehicle...The wide overall ratio spread of 6.04:1 allows a “steep” first gear, as well as a “tall” overdrive top gear for low-rpm highway cruising. Acceleration is maximized, as is fuel economy.

I am not an engineer, but I assume that the only way to either reduce or stop this function is to reprogram the transmission control module.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the details MIC. I guess I'll just have to get used to it....

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Ive only driven my 2010 about 250 miles....
and im still trying to sense when the shifts occur......
The one I feel the most- is the 1-2 shift-- witch occurs very early for me...
I drive easy-- and I find that it shifts very early- since im doing gentle accelerations.

Im guessing it sees no need for the high 1st gear- and goes to 2nd to save gas--

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just turned 1000 miles and I'm still trying to get used to the shifting and the automatic grade braking.... Just feels wierd after driving a vehicle with a 3 or 4 speed trans for 25 years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only noticed the downhill braking if on Cruise and over the set speed by perhaps 3-5 mph.

Logically, this makes sense, in that Cruise is meant to hold a given speed within a few mph, but not being too crazy about it either.

Next time out in a few weeks or so, I'll test it out.

My 2-cents,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts