Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So on monday I am set to pick up an 09 LTZ. My question is what are the differences betwen the 09 and 10 models? Anything that should make me order a 2010 model instead? I am reading they have been some recalls on 09 for issues? Can anyone tell me what they were, odds are this 09 has not had those changes made. I LOVE this truck from what I have seen so far.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to posting often

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
major changes--- none.
Minor changes- silver moss metallic deleted, 3 LEDs for park assists deleted, Cal Edition deleted, Roof rack rails and cross rails deleted--- now have to be ordered or you get neither. Connectivity package added.

Im sure that the items that caused the major complaints for 09 have been corrected for the 2010 model year.
This most likely includes improvements to the engine computer and transmission- in regards to operation.

2 major reasons to get a 2010 are... improvements to the complaint items--- and if youre a person that keeps a vehicle for 5-8 yrs--- then a 2010 may be better for you in regards to resale value....
The reason being that an 09-- will already have a yrs worth of depreciation added on to the 5-8 yr range.

THen again- you may be able to find an 09 at several thousand cheaper that may sway your opinion.

BUT if you plan to order a 2010- your way... do it soon--- because orders are being taken now for production up to november....
after Nov--- Production on the Traverse will stop for 4 months- resuming around march.... this to allow factory stuff to be moved to Lansing--- from spring hill.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I love the fact that the 09 has xenon lights while the 2010 does not. Plus I am getting more options for the price I want. I just wanted to make sure there were no major issues on the 09 that they fixed on the 10. Thanks again

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to disappoint but the LTZ does not have xenon (HID). They may look like it but they are called projector lamps and I don't know if they are any better than standard. (my LTZ was delivered with one of each!)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Another rather large difference is that Nav is standard in 09 option for 10. The projector lamps are better IMOP as they keep the light lower for better vision and use regular bulbs so they can be upgraded pretty easily.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
duh!!!
forgot that one.....

for 2010 the Projector lamps have been deleted.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MartinC said:
Sorry to disappoint but the LTZ does not have xenon (HID). They may look like it but they are called projector lamps and I don't know if they are any better than standard. (my LTZ was delivered with one of each!)
I keep learning new things everyday about this car, thanks! Well that does dissapoint me, they look like xenon. None the less I think I will be happy with it, I pick it up Wednesday.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up my LTZ this afternoon. First impression is that I LOVE it! Love the way it looks, drives, everything about it. Hopefully as time goes on I will continue to love it! Thanks everyone for your responses.

It was funny I knew the traverse 100x's better then the sales guy after being on this forum for like a day! Guy didnt know about no projector headlights in 2010, didnt know 09 ltz was standard with nav, didnt even know the LTZ had a different grill. I am in sales, and it REALLY bothers me that some sales people will try to sell something they really do not have alot of knowledge in, If I am selling cars I will know those 5-6 cars inside out.

Thanks again. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Youre right. many dont know squat....
Some move from dealer to dealer so often that they could care less what they sell.
I tell people- dont believe what the salesman tells you- research it yourself. All they want to do is sell you the vehicle that is in the lot.. now!
they could care less you want to order a 2010... they want to get rid of the 09....
If you do find a salesman that is knowledgeable- and can track down your options- or even order for you-- stick to them for future purchases... many of these types stick to 1 brand and will work at a dealership for years....

And as the poster above found out--- a little research confirmed the salesman was clueless... simple things like the grille being black or shiny- Nav units etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
" And as the poster above found out--- a little research confirmed the salesman was clueless... simple things like the grille being black or shiny- Nav units etc. "

Yes, but the prospective buyer (and the salesman) should have known all these points just by reading and inwardly digesting the sales brochure!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another difference from 09 - 10. The 2010 LTZ I drove had a nice 2" black mesh wind deflector that raised when the sunroof was open, my 2009 LTZ does not have that. Didnt notice until after I bought it, no big deal but it was nice when I drove the 2010 model. I am sure it helps cut down on wind noise when the sun roof is open.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You should have the wind deflector that comes with all factory roofs ???

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
danthechevyman said:
You should have the wind deflector that comes with all factory roofs ???
Yes I do, it is a small place plastic piece with holes, however it is not the same one as the 2010 model, not as nice. Is that the one you have on your's? Plastic or mesh?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I remember it as being made of mesh have not opened for a while been kinda wet. I will check the 09 on the lot that we still have and let you know.

Just checked an 09 and 10 with roofs both have the plastic deflector will check mine when I get home.

·
Registered
407 Posts
rbarrios said:
Youre right. many dont know squat....
Some move from dealer to dealer so often that they could care less what they sell.
I tell people- dont believe what the salesman tells you- research it yourself. All they want to do is sell you the vehicle that is in the lot.. now!
they could care less you want to order a 2010... they want to get rid of the 09....
If you do find a salesman that is knowledgeable- and can track down your options- or even order for you-- stick to them for future purchases... many of these types stick to 1 brand and will work at a dealership for years....

And as the poster above found out--- a little research confirmed the salesman was clueless... simple things like the grille being black or shiny- Nav units etc.
Coming from a car salesperson background, I totally understand what you are saying. Salespeople have to know their product, no excuse for that. Just another thing to remember why a salesperson doesn't want to spend a lot of time talking about orders is because customers move from dealer to dealer as well. There could be a TON of work done to try to either find a particular vehicle either from a another dealer, or do an order, just to have no bananna when a customer changes their mind, or goes to another dealer after talking to you (the salesperson). If all customers would be loyal, and only go to ONE dealership, and ONE salesperson when buying a new car, it would be a much better scenario. But the salesperson knows they might shop, or decide not to buy, so they have to strike while the iron's hot. (sell from out of stock THAT day).

Not sure if this helps, but just trying to show you the other side of it.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
hmmm, you have a point about selling what they have.
Had not seen it from their shoes- in that way.
On the other hand...
I think if theyre going to sell- they should learn about the item theyre selling

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with 09enclave that customers do go to different dealerships as I, but I also agree to others that the sales people for the most part have very little knowledge of the car compared to the buyer. I went to 8 different dealeships shopping for my Traverse and only 1 seemed to know about the car,.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went to three different dealerships, but only because I was not satisfied with the salemens as they were all morons. I was also looking at the ford edge, the salemen was very nice and very knowledgeable so I only went to that one dealership. I will be loyal, as I am a salemen myself, but only if the guy deminstrates he is willing to do whatever he can, and he is not a moron!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I looked at a Camaro on Friday and asked a salesman a few simple questions. Like, "how do you move the seat to allow a passenger in the back?" He couldn't answer any of my questions. There is a Camaro not ten feet from his desk. He has to walk around it to get a coffee. For gods sake man, stop and take a gander! This is the hotest car out there. Someone might have a few questions!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with what most of you are saying, I work with a couple of people how rely on me for product knowledge. Now i will admit I don't know all the specs for every new car or truck we sell and with the used I do my best but the customer focuses on one or two models and knows them inside and out.

One of the most important things I learned was from my vocational diesel tech instructor was not to know everything but where to find it.

Now on the sale person on the Camaro, and I use that term loosely, that is the part of the job i like the most is trying and exploring the product, I am a car guy and that will never change demonstrating a Camaro is a blast most people are just looking but if you can get them to go for a ride with you why wouldn't you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts