Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just passed the 1 year anniversary of owning this Traverse and the odometer read 14, 500 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,572 Posts
nice...
What are other people seeing on their average yearly mileage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
I'm usually between 10K and 12K on my cars. The Traverse is so fun that we hit almost 13K miles on my 1 year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
What kink of problems did you have in that year ,that will help the rest of us with 10s.I've already been in for noise in the stearing that I think they fixed.What else do I need to keep a eye on.Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Its going to be a year in two months, and we only just passed 5,000 miles. Says how much we drive it :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
I'm sitting at 19,000 miles 7-1/2 months after I drove mine off the lot. That's an average of almost 30,000 miles annually.

Traverse has been a comfortable, capable companion so far. I'm glad I got all the goodies like Nav, remote-start, power lift gate, heated/cooled seats, etc. as I use them all regularly.

Even so, I hope to cut back on traveling and only be at 26,000 miles or so by the one year mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
Ours will have 12,300 miles as the anniversary approaches. Then the Traverse will go on a 5,000 mile extended "shakedown cruise", covering our USA. :clap2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Cool! See the USA in a Chevrolet.

Where will your journeys take you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
andylibby said:
Cool! See the USA in a Chevrolet.

Where will your journeys take you?
First to the southwest, then north towards Canada and Jasper etc, then back through the midwest and back home to the south (GA)

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
My wife and I went on a long road vacation two years ago (pre-Traverse) and had a great time through the Colorado Rockies and several surrounding states. I can easily think how much more enjoyable the trip would have been with the comfort and conveniences built into our Traverse.

Have a great trip! By the way, my t-shirt size is Medium. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,572 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Ours will have 12,300 miles as the anniversary approaches. Then the Traverse will go on a 5,000 mile extended "shakedown cruise", covering our USA. :clap2:
you know- yesteday- I toggled thru my DIC-- and saw the odometer just as it hit 12,000....
im guessing youll change oil and go on trip- and change when you come back? or will you pull into a dealer and have it changed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Then the Traverse will go on a 5,000 mile extended "shakedown cruise".
What I'm wondering is why a guy lets his vehicle go on these trips alone. There's no mention of human accompaniment in this story. That's one exceptional vehicle to go on vacation all by itself. I hope it brings you back some souvenirs.

Just kidding. I'm sure there will be a lot of good memories built over those miles and that you'll take a lot of photos that you'll share with us when you get back --
my Traverse at the Royal Gorge,
my Traverse at the Grand Canyon,
my Traverse on the Vegas Strip,
my Traverse next to a big ball of string....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
andylibby said:
My wife and I went on a long road vacation two years ago (pre-Traverse) and had a great time through the Colorado Rockies and several surrounding states. I can easily think how much more enjoyable the trip would have been with the comfort and conveniences built into our Traverse.

Have a great trip! By the way, my t-shirt size is Medium. 8)
Thanks for the good wishes. How I wish my t-shirt size was a medium :mope:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
you know- yesteday- I toggled thru my DIC-- and saw the odometer just as it hit 12,000....
im guessing youll change oil and go on trip- and change when you come back? or will you pull into a dealer and have it changed?
Yes, I will change oil, oil filter and the air filter ( just to be on safe side ), then change oil and filter upon completion of the trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
andylibby said:
What I'm wondering is why a guy lets his vehicle go on these trips alone. There's no mention of human accompaniment in this story. That's one exceptional vehicle to go on vacation all by itself. I hope it brings you back some souvenirs.

Just kidding. I'm sure there will be a lot of good memories built over those miles and that you'll take a lot of photos that you'll share with us when you get back --
my Traverse at the Royal Gorge,
my Traverse at the Grand Canyon,
my Traverse on the Vegas Strip,
my Traverse next to a big ball of string....
LOL ...I guess I forgot to say our Traverse is allowing my better half and myself to ride along, for the trip.

Photos, now that is another issue. If there is room, besides the area of interest and the Traverse, well, maybe she or I may be in the pic also. :happy:

Bob
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top