Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and really can't find any recent answers. We just purchased a 2021 Chevy Traverse Redline and love it. However, ran into an issue where we can't get text messages on the infotainment system when connected by bluetooth like we can in our 2017 Equinox. Do we really have to plug our phone in and use Android Auto, that seems like a step backwards. It also seems to negate the need for the wireless charger. Are there any hacks to connect by bluetooth?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try forgetting the device on the head unit and reconnecting it again, and do the same with the phone.

Also, usually when you first connect with it, Android will have a pop-up, asking if you want to share contacts and some other stuff. You have to click yes for it to sync with your text messages. You can also go to the Bluetooth settings and check the settings for the car, to ensure it is checked to share/exchange texts/media/contacts.

·
Registered
351 Posts
CarPlay and Android Auto are NOT wireless on these cars. You have to plug it in for it to work.

They sell aftermarket wireless adapters though that will make CarPlay/Android Auto wireless though

·
Registered
144 Posts
CarPlay and Android Auto are NOT wireless on these cars. You have to plug it in for it to work.

They sell aftermarket wireless adapters though that will make CarPlay/Android Auto wireless though
Yes, but they aren't trying to get Android Auto to work wirelessly.

They're not getting texts messages to sync with the HU via Bluetooth, which is different.

I am able to sync, read and send text messages with my Android phone, via the HU when connected via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, but they aren't trying to get Android Auto to work wirelessly.

They're not getting texts messages to sync with the HU via Bluetooth, which is different.

I am able to sync, read and send text messages with my Android phone, via the HU when connected via Bluetooth.
Has your system updated recently ? I am to understand that Chevy (or powers to be) used the My Link to integrate for sending and receiving messages until Android auto was "fully" deployed. I just got a 2021 Traverse Premier and other than connecting via cable and launching AA I can't send or receive SMS.. I can't even see history.. I can only see recent calls and my address book. no where to be found a setting for Text messages.
See if this helps
GM Infotainment Systems Ditch Text Messaging Feature

·
Registered
6 Posts

Do you know of anyone that has used the wireless dongle(s) and are happy ? Any problems or issues?
I hate to say it.. but it's plain stupid to put in a wireless charger, but make you plug in your phone to run Android Auto..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts