Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
This Monday I realized that the voltage that the marker of my 2019 Chevy Traverse showed, when I started the car, had a very low voltage, like 11.7V, and I had already seen several occasions in which the engine threatened not to start due to lack of battery. When in doubt, I decided to replace the battery since it was about 3 and a half years old and prevent a future problem. After installing it, the next day I realized that the voltage that it marked did not go up more than 12.6V and I decided to disconnect the battery and connect it again, and there have been cases in which the marker showed 13.6V and today, that I tested it by driving it for a while, it seemed to act normal, going up to 14,5V. Has something similar happened to any of you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The output of the alternator is controlled by a computer It varies by the load on the electrical system. If the battery is fully charged the computer will shut down the alternator so the car gets better fuel milage. If you have an owners manual it explains it there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts