Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2010 Traverse today and I am noticing something with the compartment above the center console. It looks like it isn't closed all the way when it is closed. I would think the gap on the sides would match the gap in the middle?

Cal

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Here is a picture of mine...wow its dusty, it doesn't really show up during the daylight, but when you put a camera flash to it, its looks terrible. Anyways, I'm satisfied with mine. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Comparing yours to mine, I agree with you that yours doesn't look like its completely shut. Have you told the dealer about this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quantum said:
Comparing yours to mine, I agree with you that yours doesn't look like its completely shut. Have you told the dealer about this?
They are taking the car back Monday to do some clean up and put the original wheels back on. I will mention it to them then. I am almost thinking the whole dash would need to be taken out to fix.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I have no idea if there is any adjustment possible. I would think that its a one shot deal, and that the entire dash needs to be replaced. Tomorrow in the daylight I will see if there is any adjustment.

Does your push down any further? Maybe the latch is adjustable?

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I have stated before, I f you are looking for a tight fit of all components on a Chevy, you are bound to be disappointed in my opinion. I have owned a lot of Chevys in the past 40 years and have yet to find one that even comes close in regard to body part fitment to the Japanese cars I've owned. The Traverse however is the closest yet. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quantum said:
I have no idea if there is any adjustment possible. I would think that its a one shot deal, and that the entire dash needs to be replaced. Tomorrow in the daylight I will see if there is any adjustment.

Does your push down any further? Maybe the latch is adjustable?
Ya, it pushes down and looks fine as long as I keep my hand on it. I looked and it seems like it can be taken out without the dash. I don't see any adjustment that can be made though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
marjamr said:
As I have stated before, I f you are looking for a tight fit of all components on a Chevy, you are bound to be disappointed in my opinion. I have owned a lot of Chevys in the past 40 years and have yet to find one that even comes close to the Japanese cars I've owned. The Traverse however is the closest yet. ;)
My Saturn Vue was close to perfect. I would even say better than my Acura CL and Nissan 350z. I can not say the same so far for the Traverse.

·
Registered
417 Posts
How about these two alignment issues? I see these in just about every Traverse I look at.

I'm not worried about them though. I did notice them before I bought, and I bought anyway. Just interesting that they didn't seem to measure well. The middle console one is the same on both sides, as if the top was too big or the bottom was too small. Same on the doors. The passenger side also is a tad lower than the dash.

Cars are getting more and more expensive to make. In some way I figure we're lucky with what we get for the price we pay. Seriously. There are so many things that are 10 times better in today's cars than what they used to be. All in all, I'm very happy with my Traverse.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
took pics of my storage compartment.
I took a few angles. as you can see when closed- the sides line up and are flush with the rest of the dash. the door is not sticking up or sunk in.
The front does have the same gap... but I wonder if its designed to be that way- since the sides are flush nicely.

My door to dash alignment

the dash alignment down by the center console.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics. Mine is raised a bit when looking from the side so there is something off. It is at the dealer now so maybe they will be able to "fix" it :)

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Narg said:
How about these two alignment issues? I see these in just about every Traverse I look at.

I'm not worried about them though. I did notice them before I bought, and I bought anyway. Just interesting that they didn't seem to measure well. The middle console one is the same on both sides, as if the top was too big or the bottom was too small. Same on the doors. The passenger side also is a tad lower than the dash.

Cars are getting more and more expensive to make. In some way I figure we're lucky with what we get for the price we pay. Seriously. There are so many things that are 10 times better in today's cars than what they used to be. All in all, I'm very happy with my Traverse.

NARG- looking at the schematic below- it appears the left panel can be popped off- I wonder if you just have to pull yours out a little to get it to line up.
Alot of these things are held in place with those metal spring action pins that you push in. (like the ones on the bezel around the radio).
Item 2 in the pic below.... Click to enlarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
rbarrios, Thanks a million for the info and pic. I was planning to try some re-allignment when I finally got around to getting one of the GM-Lockpicks. I'll have the dash apart in the right places then to take a closer look. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I was going to take some pics of the alignment in my Traverse, but after seeing rbarrios, there is no need, mine is EXACTLY the same as his. Pretty good I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spoke with the dealer. They are talking to GM about the issue. Sounds like some parts might be ordered to try and resolve the issue.

Cal

·
Registered
10 Posts
webtoker, i have the same problem, i thought mine may have been caused by the car sitting around in the heat before i bought it (i live in Oman), do you also live in a hot climate?

I bought mine new (registered it early February) but it is an April 09, i guess sitting in US, then shipping, sitting in a yard in Oman and finally the showroom.
The tyres were even "flat spotted" causing some vibration between 80-100 klm, the dealer just replaced them yesterday

1 - 20 of 25 Posts