Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
2012 Traverse: A couple of weeks ago I tried turning on my air conditioner. But,the light blinks intermittently three or four times then shuts off?
What could be causing it?

thank you for your help!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most likely low Freon. If it was below 40 degrees outside then the flashing lights and turn off is normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a leaking AC line. Couldn't get just that single line replaced it comes asaunit and all lines are in one unit.Cools like a champ now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is some kind of internal error, or it is possible that the valves are dirty. I don’t know if you’re informed, but the air conditioner needs to be cleaned regularly and it’s really quite boring and tedious task and I personally prefer not to do it myself. I tried it a couple of times but in the end I almost ruined the air conditioner. So I'm sure it's best to go to the professionals. I know one great air conditioning repair and maintenance company and I am glad that I started working with the guys from socool.sg.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
On a Gen 1, it could also be a leaking rear evaporator. Lots of threads here on that issue. The fan uses copper brushes. As the brushes wear in, the copper gets on the evaporator and causes pinhole leaks If this is your issue, don't let them replace the fan with the evaporator. The existing fan has already shed it's copper. If you put in a new fan, you'll start the cycle all over again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is some kind of internal error, or it is possible that the valves are dirty. I don’t know if you’re informed, but the air conditioner needs to be cleaned regularly and it’s really quite boring and tedious task and I personally prefer not to do it myself. I tried it a couple of times but in the end I almost ruined the air conditioner. So I'm sure it's best to go to the professionals. I know one great air conditioning repair and maintenance company and I am glad that I started working with the guys from socool.sg.
Cleaning is not only a hassle, but there are some services that need to be handled professionally, such as aircon chemical washing. Best to find a reliable service instead of doing it yourself, which might ruin your while AC!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts