Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how easy it is to add the garage door opener to the Traverse? Is it plug and play? Anyone else done this?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I dont know.
I dont think Ive ever seen anyone mention adding the factory garage door system.
On mine- It came in the connectivity package.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Google for GM rear view mirrors. Some of them you can get with the Home Link buttons built into the mirror, next to the On-Star buttons.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can add the remote. I looked on the GMC Sierra forum and there are guys who have done it on there. Its a standalone device that is part of the overhead console. Its doesn't require the vehicle to be reprogrammed or anything. Its basically the same as buying a remote from Sears. Problem is GMpartsdiect wants $173 for the overhead console with garage door opener!!!! YIKES.

I am better off to buy a new remote from Sears for $25 and clip it to the sunvisor. I wish you could just buy the remote and the buttons, but it looks like you have to get the entire package. Probably because you have to have the cut out for the buttons in the plastic console.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, it CAN be added on after vehicle purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found my missing opener. When I emptied out the old car before selling it, for some reason, I put it in the kleenex box. I don't know why, but I did. The other day, I grabbed the box and something was rattling inside. There was the opener. No need for the universal opener anymore!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So has anyone actually done this yet? I just purchased a homelink console to add on off eBay. It has not arrived yet but any instructions on how to remove the old console and install the new one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This thread has been silent for a while.

So, any news on this issue?? Will the "overhead consoles" from any of the other Lambdas fit my 2010 LT1 (No OnStar or Bluetooth) ??? Auto recycling centers may be a source IF we knew which would fit!!

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Im pretty sure Ive seen the overhead consoles on ebay-- for the acadias- and they looked the same...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought one on Ebay. I'll let you know in a week or two how it works out! I'm hoping all the connections I need are "up on the roof"!!

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
ahh- I hope my 'tip' led you to ebay...
let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well - the connector on my "new" Overhead Console unit with HomeLink IS different than the connector in my LT1 (without On-Star, etc.). I need a wiring diagram for each unit so I can get power to the Homelink module! :eek: :eek:hno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts