Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of adding the aftermarket V92 package to my 2015 Traverse LS AWD. I have purchased the necessary items and waiting for delivery. I had a forum member send me all the details he has uncovered on installs. The only thing is I cannot find any online videos or instructions on how to remove the center console area where the multi function tow/haul button goes. Anyone have experience with this or can point me towards a good instructional example? Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Greentraverse provided a nice how-to. Only thing I will add is the trim piece is awfully thin where it curves up next to the switches, I really treated it carefully and it went fine but if you are rough with it the piece will break.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies and thank you greenTraverse for the emails. I purchased the multi switch with Tascaparts.com $31.26 part #22824080. I bought this one even though I do not have the lift gate feature so that it fills the whole space where switches are located. And on Etrailer I purchased the hitch frame, looks very easy to install. Also, the appropriate trailer wiring harness and fuses. I have not yet purchased aux cooler for transmission nor the brake controller because I’m not yet towing anything substantial. As I get ready to make a camper purchase I will be buying those and installing. I will report back after install with hopefully pics and videos! Thank you all for the help!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Thank you all for the replies and thank you greenTraverse for the emails. I purchased the multi switch with Tascaparts.com $31.26 part #22824080. I bought this one even though I do not have the lift gate feature so that it fills the whole space where switches are located. And on Etrailer I purchased the hitch frame, looks very easy to install. Also, the appropriate trailer wiring harness and fuses. I have not yet purchased aux cooler for transmission nor the brake controller because I’m not yet towing anything substantial. As I get ready to make a camper purchase I will be buying those and installing. I will report back after install with hopefully pics and videos! Thank you all for the help!
So far as I'm aware, all the multi switch units all fit the same space; you didn't need to buy the lift gate one.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
dont the 2015s come with heavy duty radiators? Regardless of whether you have the tow package?
I dont recall where they made the switch.
Earlier models had 2 radiators--- the heavy duty- and the regular.

Then they went to 1 radiator regardless of whether you had the tow kit or not.

If you already have the HD unit... I personally would not add an external cooler. It would simply introduce another point of failure in the trans cooling system.
Now if youre towing a huge trailer-- maybe.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
dont the 2015s come with heavy duty radiators? Regardless of whether you have the tow package?
I dont recall where they made the switch.
Earlier models had 2 radiators--- the heavy duty- and the regular.

Then they went to 1 radiator regardless of whether you had the tow kit or not.

If you already have the HD unit... I personally would not add an external cooler. It would simply introduce another point of failure in the trans cooling system.
Now if youre towing a huge trailer-- maybe.

For 2017, gmpartsdepartment.com lists two radiators, one with and one without "heavy duty cooling." So I don't think you are correct.

Up until shortly into the 2012 model year they had two fuse and relay boxes, one for tow package and one without. In early 2012 year, they went with the tow package version on all Traverses.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
youre right.
Where the heck did I get that information from......
Im sure I read somewhere that folks didnt have to change the radiator.... as there was only 1 option...
im going to go look for my sanity..

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wish! But alas, my non-V92 Traverse has the standard radiator, hence why the Traverse has the 4 pin connector and the Pilot that came factory with the heavy duty cooling the 7 pin.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Heres the thread where the question was brought up on whether GM stopped using 2 radiators in 2012.

https://www.acadiaforum.net/threads/2015-gmc-acadia-towing.13976/#post-230739
Well, it's difficult to determine who/what to believe on the internet. Here's the gmpartsdepartment for the 2017; 2 different PN's and prices:

https://gmpartsdepartment.com/parts/2017/Chevrolet/Traverse/LT/?siteid=214533&vehicleid=480911&diagram=GM09030

Here's 2015; same thing:

https://gmpartsdepartment.com/parts/2015/Chevrolet/Traverse/LT/?siteid=214533&vehicleid=417556&diagram=GM09030

Here's the 2012; same thing:

https://gmpartsdepartment.com/parts/2012/Chevrolet/Traverse/LT/?siteid=214533&vehicleid=377501&diagram=GM09030

Summary:
w/o HD cooling..... 23347008 $192.63
w HD cooling........ 84079536 $221.18

w HD cooling.........84079536 $221.18

w HD cooling.........84079536 $221.18
So all three years show both radiators, and the same PN's and prices for each. It is very difficult to tell the two radiators apart unless you've actually got them side by side.

So I guess we all have to decide what we want to believe on this subject.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
1 thing for sure--- prices dropped big time on the HD radiators.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was wondering what exactly is the difference between the V92 and non V92 models. We just bought a 2020, which is apparently the same as the 2019 and 2018 models, with the Trailering package and, after reading through the book, the capacity between V92 and Non-V92 is only .1qt. 1/10 of 1qt really doesn't seem like a big difference. I wanted the towing package for the upgraded cooling system, but really don't think there's that much difference between them to make it worth it.

Is there something I'm missing on this?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I was wondering what exactly is the difference between the V92 and non V92 models. We just bought a 2020, which is apparently the same as the 2019 and 2018 models, with the Trailering package and, after reading through the book, the capacity between V92 and Non-V92 is only .1qt. 1/10 of 1qt really doesn't seem like a big difference. I wanted the towing package for the upgraded cooling system, but really don't think there's that much difference between them to make it worth it.

Is there something I'm missing on this?
See my answer to your similar post here:

https://www.traverseforum.com/38-tow-hauling/6045-factory-v92-required-2.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me just begin by saying I could not believe how incredibly easy the entire install was. After receiving all the parts for the entire install of the tow switch, wiring harness/fuses and hitch it took me less than an hour. The Etrailer videos really helped with the hitch and wiring harness and the tow switch was plug and play. That took only 5min. I will try to upload video soon. Last on my list is the transmission cooler but haven’t ordered it yet since I have no plan on towing anything over 2000# anytime soon. But will be eventually, thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 09, Can I just purchase the switch and its plug and play? like the tow switch will just plug right in and function as normal? I already installed the HD radiator when I had to replace it, and the truck has a hitch and 4 pin plug installed previously.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have an 09, Can I just purchase the switch and its plug and play? like the tow switch will just plug right in and function as normal? I already installed the HD radiator when I had to replace it, and the truck has a hitch and 4 pin plug installed previously.
Yes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts