Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the dealer can add the remote start to the 1LT package? I asked my salesman because service was closed and he said they can do it but it has to be that all in one remote. The one that does the tire pressure and stuff. However, the brochure says its a factory only install. Any input.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Im not sure if it can be added to the Lt1.
It would have its own remote--- but I dont think its the fancy one that the salesman is referring to....
theres a few members here who have added the remote start... but I dont remember if they were Lt1 or LT2s
I too was interested in getting a LT1 and adding remote start.
I opted to order a 2010 LT1- with the connections package... which includes the remote start along with bluetooth

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered ordering a 2010 but the deals on the 09's were so good I couldn't pass it up. I guess with the good deal I might have been penalized for not having the remote start. I know I can go aftermarket but with all of the wiring involved I don't want any issues down the road.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had the dealer run the vin# and they said I can't add it. Maybe GM will come out with something in the future.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone had a GM starter installed at the dealer on an 09 with the 1LT package? I thought since its been a while maybe GM has come up with something.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Welcome to the world of LANBUS as this is the reason a starter is so hard to add.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had my dealer install the gm factory remote start kit, the advanced one with tire pressure, fuel guage, odometer monitoring. They were able to put it on my 2010 Traverse LS. No issues that I was aware of.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for replying over a year later; I called my dealer and they said they did not install OEM remote starters because it was very poor value for the customer, and they said I should go to a local windshield repairs store that also installs alarm systems, stereos and remote starters. There are lots of modules necessary to work with the alarm, the chip in the key and the power windows and keyless entry. The dealer assured me that anyone who's doing this professionally wouldn't mess up the wiring and electrical.

We'll see, so far it works very well but with installation it cost me close to $600. When I requested a quote from the dealer a few years ago the OEM part was $460 + $100/hour for installation (3-4 hours), and it didn't even have the options I have with this one.

I have a 2010.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts