Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a roofmount dvd player. Just want to know how to attack the side moulding with the side airbags . I don't want to set them off. I think I read somewhere to disconnect the battery. Can any one confirm this? Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will disable the airbags, but always be careful working around them

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You also have to make sure all the wires you run are behind the Air bag cylinders and will not prevent the airbag from deploying.

If the airbag is obstructed it may come out wrong or send debris flying out.

I avoid the pillars just because of the air Bags.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey bigblue, is there another way to run the wires from the roof where the dvd will be mount every moulding has airbags.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Up the back pillars by the hatch. That is where GM ran up most of their wiring.

I plan to run a backup Camera wires and power next summer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks i will try that! You mentioned backup camara, if I am not mistaken you still have your factory deck. Are you planning on replacing you factory deck or you getting a stand alone system with its pwn monitor. I also plan on doing this but I will replace my deck with a kenwood yhat has video in. Oh yeah that kac 8405 is great!!! I used a re-q5 processor with the 8405 for the doors and another kenwood ???? for the 10" sub.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nope I'm picking up a Review Mirror with the LCD in it and installing a camera out back. It is rather easy to do it your self. Just power it up with the reverse lights.

A little splicing to do as the mirror harness on the LS is missing the required wires.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed the overhead dvd player, all went well! There is a bracket there already for the oem dvd player to be mounted when you remove the center overhead lighting. I have it working with the headphones and the built in fm modulator. When I get my new deck( Kenwood 6960) I will run it into a input. The modulator isn't the best sound but it will do

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
jimmer3434,

Did you take pictures of the overhead DVD install? I'm not considering this yet, but you never know, if I see a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
When you post a reply, under the the black text box you will see "Additional Option" click on that. Then you can browse to add pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quantum. I am having trouble posting the pics, I think the files are too large to post. I will keep trying, let me know if you know a fix

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
jimmer3434 said:
Quantum. I am having trouble posting the pics, I think the files are too large to post. I will keep trying, let me know if you know a fix
Yes I believe there is a size limit on the individual pics.
and you prob have to have 10 post.
May be easier to get a free photobucket acct- load pics there- and use the feature wherey ou just point at the pic- and it gives you the links to use on other webpages. you sinmply copy and paste the link into your thread- and we can all see your pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts