Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if it is possilbe to add the DIC to the 2009 Traverse LS. I was reading on the Acadia site that there is a kit available for the SLE model. Anyone heard of one for the Traverse? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Search the Acadia forum...they have a thread or 2 about adding the DIC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my 2010 silverado LT1 didn't have a DIC so i added one. :happy:

In the truck the wiring was already run and the functionality is there ahead of time (just doesn't show up without the buttons). I bought the DIC Buttons (and panel with the cutout since i didn't want to do it myself) and plugged them in. Simple as that, a functional DIC. Can't say if the traverse is the same or not becuase ours came with a DIC. I'd suggest pulling the panel off and see if there's a harness there. If it is, i'd bet it's as simple as buying the proper buttons and panel from a LT Traverse from GMpartsdirect.com and plugging it in. Admittedly more difficult in the traverse since the buttons are in the dash not over the lights switch like the Silverado.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Superboy95 said:
Any luck, kenlee247? I'd be interested to see how hard this would be to do on the Traverse.
Have not had the chance to go any further on this issue. It should be the same as the Acadia which doesn't sound too difficult. I'd like to get my own wiring diagram and DIC buttons myself. Somehow the boys on the Acadia sight have gotten these items and they are selling them as a kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well good luck and let us know how it goes - I'd certainly be up for trying it too - do you have a link to the thread where they mention the kits?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I already purchased the buttons and installed them. Unfortunately, there is not an existing cable waiting to plug it into.

I brought this up in another forum and found a guy who had done it by making his own harness. He was going to explain how to do it, but I never heard back.

If anyone knows how to make the harness, or what needs to be wired where (I can make my own harness), that would be great!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
billyb2 said:
I already purchased the buttons and installed them. Unfortunately, there is not an existing cable waiting to plug it into.

I brought this up in another forum and found a guy who had done it by making his own harness. He was going to explain how to do it, but I never heard back.

If anyone knows how to make the harness, or what needs to be wired where (I can make my own harness), that would be great!!! :thumb:
This thread might help: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=7531.0

It's for the Acadia, but it sounds like they're trying it out for the Traverse too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Superboy95 said:
This thread might help…
It's for the Acadia, but it sounds like they're trying it out for the Traverse too.
Awesome! I posted a response there.

Since I already have the buttons, if I can find out whether the wires work or not, we may be in business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
billyb2,

I have made my own harness and am waiting for the switch to be delivered. I left messages in the Acadia forum and it appears the person fell off the face of the earth. I just wanted to let you know someone else is attempting to do this as well and maybe we could share info.

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
joemac421 said:
billyb2,

I have made my own harness and am waiting for the switch to be delivered. I left messages in the Acadia forum and it appears the person fell off the face of the earth. I just wanted to let you know someone else is attempting to do this as well and maybe we could share info.

Joe
Thats awesome! How did you make the wires, did you copy what they did on the Acadia forum?

Once we get this figured out, we'll need to post a write up so that anyone else that wants to know how to do it, won't find it as difficult as we did! :cheers:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1.) I did copy the Acadia forum

2.) I ordered the harness from gmpartsdriect part #88988747 that was $68.00 shipped.

3.) The Traverse DIC switch is part #10399731 $28.00 shipped.

When I first ordered the DIC switch the part # that gmpartsdirect pushed me to was 15251881, however that is the switch for the Acadia, it is backlit Red. I had to contact their customer service for them to correct the part number.

Do you have the wiring harness yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you buy the harness it is the connector with 5 wires, it plugs right into the switch. The end of the wires are just cut. I had a steering wheel harness lying around because I added steering wheel audio controls. I removed three wires with the pins already attached from a connector on that harness. I inserted them into the cluster connector and mated those wires to the other wires for the DIC harness. I am now awaiting for the arrival of the DIC switch.

When the DIC switch is installed I plan on removing the IPC/DSPLY fuse, for a few minutes and supposedly it should work. Will keep you informed.

G

·
joemac421 said:
When you buy the harness it is the connector with 5 wires, it plugs right into the switch. The end of the wires are just cut. I had a steering wheel harness lying around because I added steering wheel audio controls. I removed three wires with the pins already attached from a connector on that harness. I inserted them into the cluster connector and mated those wires to the other wires for the DIC harness. I am now awaiting for the arrival of the DIC switch.

When the DIC switch is installed I plan on removing the IPC/DSPLY fuse, for a few minutes and supposedly it should work. Will keep you informed.
Interesting; keep us informed if pulling that fuse works

1 - 20 of 83 Posts