Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info on adding a separate sup and amp to the Bose system with nav?

Does/Is the output of any of the speakers run through a crossover or are the speakers capped?

Also, I am looking for a place to run 2 gauge wire through the firewall to the back.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Why do you want to add to the Bose? Not loud enough bass for you?

I'm not certain the Traverse is the same as the Grand Prix in this aspect, however I come from a Grand Prix GXP which had the Monsoon (Bose) stereo in it, and there were several guys on the Grand Prix forums that wanted to add their own sub and amp to the factory Monsoon system. To do this, they all decided it was easiest to completely remove all Monsoon components, and replace with aftermarket. There was something in the Monsoon system that wasn't playing nice with the aftermarket components. I think it was the factory amp, but again, not 100% certain.

Good luck to you. :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't have the answer to the question, but I have the Bose/NAV and I'll readily report that there have been times when I would have liked a bit more volume.

BTW, I'm not a bass-thumping teenager, I'm not hard of hearing - I'm just a Granddad who happens to like music. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bose systems have an amp and subwoofer from the factory the sound level is lower in bose systems intentionally via radio programing

·
Registered
57 Posts
andylibby said:
I don't have the answer to the question, but I have the Bose/NAV and I'll readily report that there have been times when I would have liked a bit more volume.

BTW, I'm not a bass-thumping teenager, I'm not hard of hearing - I'm just a Granddad who happens to like music. :thumb:
Try a Bazooka, it's a powered subwoofer...AND don't let anyone here or in the stores talk you out of it...They sound great for what you want a sub for. Sales people in the stores will try to talk you out of the Bazooka every time, because it is killer sound at a killer price and they'd rather up sell you.

I've had 2 and I love em, especially with the remote volume controller...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts